BX1500 HST needed asap, need to put backhoe on L295DT

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
1st problem

I need a HST for a BX1500, I am looking and searching the entire country for one

I mainly need the back portion of the housing/casing

If someone can sell that that to me, that would be helpful

FITS KUBOTA BX2230 BX2200 BX1830 BX1800 BX23 BX22
Part number: K2561-14002

It fits many different tractors, your help is appreciated

2nd problem:

Machine: L295DT

Smokes real bad, needs engine work

If someone can tell me what to do, that would be great

On this machine, a digger will be needed

Can someone tell me how to customize a backhoe that would work on this machine?

The compatible backhoe for it is very hard to find, I want to put a similar one

I am also looking for a backhoe to purchase for it

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I used google[ K2561-14002 ], found new $2500, used $1000 for the HST unit...
there are more 'hits',just read those two but seems it's the easy part of your post....

re: backhoe others will know what's involved,for sure a 'subframe' as well as the actual 'backhoe' section ?? It'd be rare to find these, easier to locate a complete TLB. When found, buy, then sell your tractor ?? Maybe just rent a miniex or TLB for a few jobs ? BHs are pricey so it could be cheaper AND get the jobs done ?? How you go, depends on what actual jobs you have for the BH. Also consider the ordeal of swapping BH for 3PH and 3PH for BH. THAT can be a 'challenge'..

options, always think of options......

FWIW, I bought my BX23S 5 years ago asnd even though I have the 3PH kit, it's never been on, still in the box as it seems there's always a job for the backhoe.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
I used google[ K2561-14002 ], found new $2500, used $1000 for the HST unit...
there are more 'hits',just read those two but seems it's the easy part of your post....

re: backhoe others will know what's involved,for sure a 'subframe' as well as the actual 'backhoe' section ?? It'd be rare to find these, easier to locate a complete TLB. When found, buy, then sell your tractor ?? Maybe just rent a miniex or TLB for a few jobs ? BHs are pricey so it could be cheaper AND get the jobs done ?? How you go, depends on what actual jobs you have for the BH. Also consider the ordeal of swapping BH for 3PH and 3PH for BH. THAT can be a 'challenge'..

options, always think of options......

FWIW, I bought my BX23S 5 years ago asnd even though I have the 3PH kit, it's never been on, still in the box as it seems there's always a job for the backhoe.....
Yes, before spending a thousand on a used one, I am looking for the back part of the assembly

I do want to customize a backhoe for it somehow and use it long term

You have a three part hitch for your bx23s and you have a backhoe attachment for it, but you mostly use the backhoe attachment and not the 3 part hitch, am i understanding you correctly?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
#1 about the best I can find: https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/hydrostat-transmission-assembly-used-kubota-432709.html

Put a wanted post here : https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/forums/buy-sell-trade.15/

#2 You'll need to rebuild the engine, no simpler work around than that.

Do you have a FEL on the L295DT ?
Yes did see that used HST for $1000 but i paid $700 for the machine, I want to try to first try the cheaper options before spending more than i paid for the entire tractor

Yes I will put a wanted post, thanks for that

"FEL" I dont know what that is, but if you look up the specs, it says that it will take a backhoe, L4510

I looked around for L4510, nowhere to be found

But someone did say you can customize another one and make it work

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes did see that used HST for $1000 but i paid $700 for the machine, I want to try to first try the cheaper options before spending more than i paid for the entire tractor

Yes I will put a wanted post, thanks for that

"FEL" I dont know what that is, but if you look up the specs, it says that it will take a backhoe, L4510

I looked around for L4510, nowhere to be found

But someone did say you can customize another one and make it work
FEL= Front end loader.
Does it have one on it?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
hmm... no front end loader....brings up a silly question..
How are you going to use the 'tractor-backhoe' ?
Even if only digging trenches, it's nice to use the front bucket to fill and level off the trench. It's also a much needed counter weight !

Realistically, adding a complete backhoe to a tractor could cost more than another 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoe' (TLB ). There's also the 'fun' of swapping BH for 3PH. It's OK if you're young and healthy and don't do it often.

Depending on your location, you might find a used miniex from a rental place for reasonable money,though be prepared to 'turn wrenches' or pay for repairs.Places like Home Depot rent machine, wonder what they do with their TLB and miniexs ?

options..think about options..

and yes, even though I have the 3PH kit, it's never been on. my neighbours keep finding me 'little jobs' that need the BH ! I also have 4 other tractors to do the 'farming' operations. I may sell those off, get a tiller for the BX23S or buy a B2601 .

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It does not have a front end loader attached
Yea no loader, no backhoe!
If you put a BH on it without a loader it will have way too much weight in the rear and nothing up front to stabilize it, and without a loader to anchor the front end, it's going to be pretty worthless at digging.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
Yea no loader, no backhoe!
If you put a BH on it without a loader it will have way too much weight in the rear and nothing up front to stabilize it, and without a loader to anchor the front end, it's going to be pretty worthless at digging.
Ok I will plan on getting the front loader also

What exactly does a backhoe need to connect to the back of the L295DT?

It doe call for a L4510 backhoe

How do I find out which models are similar? Maybe they can be connected to the L295DT with some modification

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
hmm... no front end loader....brings up a silly question..
How are you going to use the 'tractor-backhoe' ?
Even if only digging trenches, it's nice to use the front bucket to fill and level off the trench. It's also a much needed counter weight !

I have a bucket on the BX1500 (which also needs repaired), but use the digger on the L295DT and use the bucket on the BX1500

Realistically, adding a complete backhoe to a tractor could cost more than another 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoe' (TLB ). There's also the 'fun' of swapping BH for 3PH. It's OK if you're young and healthy and don't do it often.

Have you seen how expensive the TLB's are? For a used one in OK shape is $10K

"There's also the fun of swapping backhoe for 3PH"
What do you mean exactly? That it is difficult? What exactly is difficult about it?

My beginner understanding: Mount it to the back of the tractor, connect the hydraulic lines, backhoe will have 2 legs to support it. Does not need to be perfect, just enough to do small duty jobs

Depending on your location, you might find a used miniex from a rental place for reasonable money,though be prepared to 'turn wrenches' or pay for repairs.Places like Home Depot rent machine, wonder what they do with their TLB and miniexs ?

There is nothing affordable out there at the moment

options..think about options..

and yes, even though I have the 3PH kit, it's never been on. my neighbours keep finding me 'little jobs' that need the BH ! I also have 4 other tractors to do the 'farming' operations. I may sell those off, get a tiller for the BX23S or buy a B2601 .

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
honestly ,it'll be a LOT cheaper and easier to find a TLB than build one from parts( IF you can find them...)
is one link that shows some of the BH 'bits and pieces'.
I assume there has to be a 'subframe' to attach the BH (L4510) to the tractor ? Others will know.

I'm all for 'bodging' but this could get very,very expensive in a hurry. I can see $10K for the BH, $5K for the loader and I don't know IF they can just be bolted on and will work.

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
honestly ,it'll be a LOT cheaper and easier to find a TLB than build one from parts( IF you can find them...)
is one link that shows some of the BH 'bits and pieces'.
I assume there has to be a 'subframe' to attach the BH (L4510) to the tractor ? Others will know.

I'm all for 'bodging' but this could get very,very expensive in a hurry. I can see $10K for the BH, $5K for the loader and I don't know IF they can just be bolted on and will work.
This is a long term hobby/project and I want to experiment until it is solved

I have seen Kubota backhoe attachments for $1000-1500 that might be able to work, but i want first understand how it attaches to the tractor, and what exactly it needs to function

0 chance i would buy anything from kubota/messick/anything retail

These parts are laying somewhere in someone's field or some junkyard in the middle of kansas, all i have to do is somehow connect with them (which is difficult but possible with patience)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
ok..so you're a bodger ! ,great.... find a BH that you like, then fab up a 'subframe'. This is simply a few pieces of steel that mate the BH to the tractor. Hopefully google can show you what's usually done. Make a 'pattern' out of wood ! It's a lot easy to cut/drill/modify than steel then transfer the dimesions to steel and make the real one. I did see loader/tractors of your type sell for $4K USD,didn't quickly see any with BH though.
be sure whatever BH you by will work at the GPM and PSI of your tractors pump ! contact local scrapyards ,get on their list of 'parts wanted...please call'.

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
ok..so you're a bodger ! ,great.... find a BH that you like, then fab up a 'subframe'. This is simply a few pieces of steel that mate the BH to the tractor. Hopefully google can show you what's usually done. Make a 'pattern' out of wood ! It's a lot easy to cut/drill/modify than steel then transfer the dimesions to steel and make the real one. I did see loader/tractors of your type sell for $4K USD,didn't quickly see any with BH though.
be sure whatever BH you by will work at the GPM and PSI of your tractors pump ! contact local scrapyards ,get on their list of 'parts wanted...please call'.
"Make a pattern out of wood then once its perfect, then fab the metal" Absolutely genius wording, and it will be implemented, i'm very grateful

"be sure whatever BH will work at the gpm and psi of your tractor pump" wow ok so those details is what I'm studying, noted

Here's a backhoe couple hours away from me, and I think it would work

What exactly am I looking in that backhoe to see if it will be possible to mount it to the L295DT?

That model number on it is BL4690B

Tractor models that it fits: Kubota L2250, L2550, L2950, L2600, L3300, L3410, L3250, L3650, L4200, L3710, L4610

Mine is L295DT
It fits: L2950

it seems like it would work, right?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
According to the web, that's a 3PH backhoe, it does not use a 'subframe'. Most here advise against 3PH BH as it's easy to damage/destroy the 3PH and or tractor. It requires 7GPM to operate, does your tractor have that available ?
Almost any Cat1 3ph BH will 'fit' any tractor with a Cat1 3PH but check the specs for GPM and PSI, also the weight of the BH ( can your tractor lift/carry it ). without a loader up front, you'' need 500-1000# ? up front, Check the specs for whatever loader your tractor came with for the weight.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Just up front your going to sink a bunch of time and money into a tractor that is really hard to work with.
It can be done but be aware that even with used parts your looking at a minimum of around $5K to get it going, and that's if you can buy all the parts cheap, and do all your own fabrication and build work.

#1: The loaders that fit these models are rare, very rare, so there is a big hurdle to get past.
They require parts to run it, like a front drive pump, and most of those parts are obsolete so it's a scratch build situation.
The subframe for just the loader will be 100% scratch build if you can't find a stock model, and I wouldn't hold my breath on being able to do that.
The tractor will have issues running a loader easily, for one because it does not have power steering.

#2 Moving on to the BH
While the model you pointed to, a BL4690B, is a model that could work for you, because for one it has a separate tank and PTO powered pump which you will need, because the tractors on board system hydraulics will not run a BH.
It is highly discouraged to run a three point BH especially on these older models because you'll break parts way to easily.
To make a proper 4 point subframe is a HUGE feat as there is not a lot of locations on that tractor to bolt to, its heavy metal and extends up to the loader subframe for the tie in.
I have a set of subframes here and they weight in the 100lb's a piece range, for a BH that would be properly sized for your tractor.
If you could get lucky and find a Bradco, or Woods fully contained (pump and hydraulics are included) BH, you'll still need to adapt a subframe to fit your tractor.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If the OP sells his two tractors to the wreckers he could probably rent a SCUT TLB for a day or two. The neighbors might get excited seeing the lawn getting cleared of equipment.

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
If the OP sells his two tractors to the wreckers he could probably rent a SCUT TLB for a day or two. The neighbors might get excited seeing the lawn getting cleared of equipment.
Theres 0 chance, I just got these to restore/fix them long term