BX1500 HST needed asap, need to put backhoe on L295DT

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
'best cost' isn't necessarily BEST.
Download a copy of the owners manual and the WSM, see what they say about 'oils'. Also ask the current owner what he put in.
Google search 'l295dt fluids', you'll get several hits, some from here and read what others say

Since the BH is a self contained system, something like AW32 or UTF should work but you must be diligent about removing as much of the old oil as possible. Typically it's a 3 part process. 1st flush removes 99% of the old , 2nd flush removes the last 1% (sort off) and 99% of the 1st new oil. Then add the 'real' oil.
Best to cycle every spool valve several time, allow oil to heat up,be sure to replace filter before adding the final good oil. The reservoir could take 5 gallons ??, so $200 for the flush, $100 for the 3rd fill
yes I will do what this comment is telling me to do

I might use super cheap fluid to flush it out, then put the recommended one at the end

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re #60 post, 1st picture. those aren't the feet, those are the mounting tabs the feet get pinned onto .

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
re #60 post, 1st picture. those aren't the feet, those are the mounting tabs the feet get pinned onto .
OP seems to think that those are the feet.
I agree with you, those are the mounts for the foot pads.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Those 'feet' are maybe 4" by 6". No way they can support the BH in soft soil. The 'feet' on my BX23S are HUGE (ok, 5by8) compared to those and mine go into soft soil 2-3".
Also all BH feet I've ever seen are ALWAYS on pivots, to adjust to ground conditions AND 'fold' for transport.
The parts.PDF doesn't show the feet, probably 2 options, dirt(metal) and toad(rubber).
It'd be nice to see pictures of other BH, same model or sister to it.

Also saw in the picture one cylinder on the boom mtg plate has been 'repaired'.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Those 'feet' are maybe 4" by 6". No way they can support the BH in soft soil. The 'feet' on my BX23S are HUGE compared to those and mine go into soft soil 2-3".
Also all BH feet I've ever seen are ALWAYS on pivots, to adjust to ground conditions AND 'fold' for transport.
The parts.PDF doesn't show the feet, probably 2 options, dirt(metal) and toad(rubber).
It'd be nice to see pictures of other BH, same model or sister to it.

Also saw in the picture one cylinder on the boom mtg plate has been 'repaired'.
Totally agree!
It seems apparent that "deltaSafety" may have never seen, or had, the complete foot assemblies that should be on the BH stabilizers.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
curious, googled,"kubota l4510 backhow" ,images ... found this...

clearly show feet on the end of the legs.....

even better....
yeesh $130 a side though...

• Love

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

even better....
Just the beginning of expense discovery for the L4510 pile of parts.
Somewhat obvious, that both buyer, and seller, share the L4510 knowledge deficit.

Last edited:

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
Such negativity towards OP and his desire to get this going. You think after the first 2 pages he didn't get the point it will involve some outlay and effort? Fixating on the missing parts of the feet, which can easily be reproduced with a rudimentary welding fab abilities. I come here for constructive help, not repeated negative comments of how hard it will be. There is another concurrent thread of a member who restored to beauty and function an old rusted out tractor, and deservedly gets the attaboys a well done project deserves. I am one who hopes this thread can also have such a happy conclusion, although I would be surprised if OP sticks around long enough to share with all the comments aimed his way.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
I offer my comments to point out that the 'project' won't be simple, easy or cheap. From the few pictures presented it was obvious some parts are missing, or at least hidden from view. The OP says they "are the feet" (#65) but really they are NOT. I've even posted pictures of the missing feet.
Sure the feet can be made, but I'm not aware the OP has welding capabilites or materials, so there will be a cost to make/obtain the feet. It's just one of the many things that the OP should be informed about. He should have downloaded owners manuals for everything, the WSM, pictures, links to other information,etc. In the good old days, you'd talk to local owners,buy WSM,etc. today.. we have the Internet !
I'm pretty sure all of us are just trying to help the OP, get a mid '80s tractor/ backhoe 'up and running' but it won't be as simple as 'fluids/filter/battery' and go...... it never is....
I applaud anyone that can 'bring alive' an old tractor.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
It is these kinds of projects that folks take on that help develop skills that can be used later. If the O/P has the interest and ability to develop these skills he should be applauded. The only concern I would have is obtaining a front-end loader. If you have the welding and fabrication skills (and tools) one can adapt any loader to any tractor as long as it is the appropriate size. Then on the other hand folks on the forum have even built them from scratch.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It is these kinds of projects that folks take on that help develop skills that can be used later. If the O/P has the interest and ability to develop these skills he should be applauded. The only concern I would have is obtaining a front-end loader. If you have the welding and fabrication skills (and tools) one can adapt any loader to any tractor as long as it is the appropriate size. Then on the other hand folks on the forum have even built them from scratch.
The OP is getting the Loader, BH and Tractor in his acquisition, so really a pretty good deal.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Such negativity towards OP and his desire to get this going. You think after the first 2 pages he didn't get the point it will involve some outlay and effort? Fixating on the missing parts of the feet, which can easily be reproduced with a rudimentary welding fab abilities. I come here for constructive help, not repeated negative comments of how hard it will be. There is another concurrent thread of a member who restored to beauty and function an old rusted out tractor, and deservedly gets the attaboys a well done project deserves. I am one who hopes this thread can also have such a happy conclusion, although I would be surprised if OP sticks around long enough to share with all the comments aimed his way.
Perhaps you are conflating "negativity" with reality ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I admit I was a little hard on joesmith123 in the beginning, mainly because I didn't think his "want list"
could be filled very easily, or at all.
Well seams to have found what he's looking for, and that's great.
It's not going to be a slam dunk to get it all going, but he sounds like he's willing to try.
Would like to see it all come together for him!

Reactions: 6 users

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth

even better....
You gotta be insane to pay $130 for that, I plan on finding a kubota junkyard and gathering all the bits and pieces

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
Understand this: I would rather have infinite "negative comments" than a bunch people saying it will work. Why?

I challenge each detail, its the best/only way for me to learn

And yes, you will get the pictures of it fully restored, it will be worth a fortune once I get done with it

• Haha

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
I offer my comments to point out that the 'project' won't be simple, easy or cheap. From the few pictures presented it was obvious some parts are missing, or at least hidden from view. The OP says they "are the feet" (#65) but really they are NOT. I've even posted pictures of the missing feet.
Sure the feet can be made, but I'm not aware the OP has welding capabilites or materials, so there will be a cost to make/obtain the feet. It's just one of the many things that the OP should be informed about. He should have downloaded owners manuals for everything, the WSM, pictures, links to other information,etc. In the good old days, you'd talk to local owners,buy WSM,etc. today.. we have the Internet !
I'm pretty sure all of us are just trying to help the OP, get a mid '80s tractor/ backhoe 'up and running' but it won't be as simple as 'fluids/filter/battery' and go...... it never is....
I applaud anyone that can 'bring alive' an old tractor.
You've been a great help, and very fair with your statments

I know it wont be simple/cheap

Why do you think functional backhoes with loaders are minimum $10K for a crappy one?

The feet is the least of my worries, honestly

I take on the challenge of bringing back the "old tractor", and will prove to you guys that yall are very helpful and saving me tremendous $

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
There is a front end loader on the Tractor, look at the pictures again

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You gotta be insane to pay $130 for that, I plan on finding a kubota junkyard and gathering all the bits and pieces
Sadly the only Kubota Junk yard closed a couple years ago, and it doesn't look like it will open anytime soon.
007kubotaguy, is going to be one of your resources for parts.