Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The L4510 was only a three point BH.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Just up front your going to sink a bunch of time and money into a tractor that is really hard to work with.
It can be done but be aware that even with used parts your looking at a minimum of around $5K to get it going, and that's if you can buy all the parts cheap, and do all your own fabrication and build work.

#1: The loaders that fit these models are rare, very rare, so there is a big hurdle to get past.
They require parts to run it, like a front drive pump, and most of those parts are obsolete so it's a scratch build situation.
The subframe for just the loader will be 100% scratch build if you can't find a stock model, and I wouldn't hold my breath on being able to do that.
The tractor will have issues running a loader easily, for one because it does not have power steering.

#2 Moving on to the BH
While the model you pointed to, a BL4690B, is a model that could work for you, because for one it has a separate tank and PTO powered pump which you will need, because the tractors on board system hydraulics will not run a BH.
It is highly discouraged to run a three point BH especially on these older models because you'll break parts way to easily.
To make a proper 4 point subframe is a HUGE feat as there is not a lot of locations on that tractor to bolt to, its heavy metal and extends up to the loader subframe for the tie in.
I have a set of subframes here and they weight in the 100lb's a piece range, for a BH that would be properly sized for your tractor.
If you could get lucky and find a Bradco, or Woods fully contained (pump and hydraulics are included) BH, you'll still need to adapt a subframe to fit your tractor.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are you sure? It has the long frame mount, and in the manual it says it is "frame mounted"
Nope not 100% sure, the prints for that model are not complete.
Pictures of the actual BH would help.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That looks to be a home made subframe, not factory?
And it looks to be missing a bunch of needed mounting parts to mount it.

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
That looks to be a home made subframe, not factory?
And it looks to be missing a bunch of needed mounting parts to mount it.
here’s a picture of the label, it looks like it’s kubota part, factory, not home made

“bunch of needed mounting parts”

which mounting parts exactly are missing?

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
missing both 'feet' though not a big deal...
missing seat again not a big deal...
missing the hydraulic spool valve assy, that IS a 'BIG" deal
missing PTO hydraulic pump.

sub frame is homemade

you can see parts at Messicks online, to give you an idea what's not there and maybe a price ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
here’s a picture of the label, it looks like it’s kubota part, factory, not home made

“bunch of needed mounting parts”

which mounting parts exactly are missing?
That's the label on the BH not the subframe.
I said the the subframe was home made, not the BH.

Here is a parts list for a little newer BH that has a subframe, just to give you an example of the parts for the subframe that are missing.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Greensvillejay brought up some good points!
There are some pricey parts that are missing for the BH!

If that's the BH your buying I hope your not traveling too far and not paying too much!
That's going to need some serious $$$$ to make it operational!

Reactions: 1 users

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
That's looks like trying to build a reliable Yugo. You can do it, looking for parts worldwide, and in the end worth scrap value.

Reactions: 1 users

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
missing both 'feet' though not a big deal...
missing seat again not a big deal...
missing the hydraulic spool valve assy, that IS a 'BIG" deal
missing PTO hydraulic pump.

sub frame is homemade

you can see parts at Messicks online, to give you an idea what's not there and maybe a price ?
yes I go now and figure the “hydraulic spool valve assembly”

“missing PTO hydraulic pump” - is this a universal part that is easy to get?

How can you tell it’s home made?

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
That's looks like trying to build a reliable Yugo. You can do it, looking for parts worldwide, and in the end worth scrap value.
Those missing parts available if I’m not mistaken

Is the hydraulic assembly specific to this digger or can I use another one similar?

“Missing pto hydraulic pump”

can I get another one similar or is it specific to this backhoe?

Your responses are appreciated

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
The homemade section is blue is the first clue and the 4 mounting points in the middle are too close together to be effective. Almost looks like the blue frame is part of a railroad transport frame that has been repurposed. I am curious how is was mounted as it looks to be a pain it the rear. It probably has a milk crate or 2 of part that are missing.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The homemade section is blue is the first clue and the 4 mounting points in the middle are too close together to be effective. Almost looks like the blue frame is part of a railroad transport frame that has been repurposed. I am curious how is was mounted as it looks to be a pain it the rear. It probably has a milk crate or 2 of part that are missing.
"When you are up to your neck in alligators, it is difficult to remember that the original intent was to drain the swamp".

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
yes, I see what you mean that those blue rails are probably not factory

as far as the middle holes not being good for support, once I get home, I will look at where it mounts to exactly and take measurements

From the looks of it, does it at least look like the holes will match the holes on the tractor?
Also attached is a picture of the pto pump

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Those missing parts available if I’m not mistaken

Is the hydraulic assembly specific to this digger or can I use another one similar?

“Missing pto hydraulic pump”

can I get another one similar or is it specific to this backhoe?

Your responses are appreciated

yes, I see what you mean that those blue rails are probably not factory

as far as the middle holes not being good for support, once I get home, I will look at where it mounts to exactly and take measurements

From the looks of it, does it at least look like the holes will match the holes on the tractor?
Also attached is a picture of the pto pump
Is he including all the mounting parts that are still on the tractor?
That will help.
Hopefully the seller has all the other parts!
The BH valve was specific to that unit, You could buy a universal setup, but that's going to take a lot of parts to get it fitted to all the lines and to get it to mount right for the levers.

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
Is he including all the mounting parts that are still on the tractor?
That will help.
Hopefully the seller has all the other parts!
The BH valve was specific to that unit, You could buy a universal setup, but that's going to take a lot of parts to get it fitted to all the lines and to get it to mount right for the levers.
Yes, the tractor that this was mounted on is also being included, meaning, some of the parts could still be on it, I’ll attach more pictures

Also seller did say that pto pump and the hydraulic spool assembly also included

pictures are of the exact tractor, 295DT, with the bucket mounted on it

Attachments