BX1500 HST needed asap, need to put backhoe on L295DT

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
I admit I was a little hard on joesmith123 in the beginning, mainly because I didn't think his "want list"
could be filled very easily, or at all.
Well seams to have found what he's looking for, and that's great.
It's not going to be a slam dunk to get it all going, but he sounds like he's willing to try.
Would like to see it all come together for him!
You're NOT hard enough, I want more critique, more more more

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
Sadly the only Kubota Junk yard closed a couple years ago, and it doesn't look like it will open anytime soon.
007kubotaguy, is going to be one of your resources for parts.
Tell more details about what "kubotaguy" has

My goal is to gather old broken tractors that all have similar parts, and make working tractors out of them

For example, the BX1500 I need an HST, right? I could buy an HST for $1000 or I can buy a broken BX entire tractor with many parts for $600 sitting in someone's yard

Then I get that tractor, fix my current one, sell the diesel engine etc

These are some of my plans

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Tell more details about what "kubotaguy" has

My goal is to gather old broken tractors that all have similar parts, and make working tractors out of them

For example, the BX1500 I need an HST, right? I could buy an HST for $1000 or I can buy a broken BX entire tractor with many parts for $600 sitting in someone's yard

Then I get that tractor, fix my current one, sell the diesel engine etc

These are some of my plans
007Kubotaguy collects Kubota's and parts them out I do believe.

Yep just start your own junk yard!

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
While I like the 'idea' of collecting cheap 'parts' tractors and making good whole ones, it's in the 'execution' where it'll probably fail. You need a lot of covered space to store the inventory, once you buy them as sun and rain are hard on everything, especially paint,mechanicals and rubber. You need GREAT reference books/charts/etc. to KNOW what fits what. That could be challenging for the older models,but if you're good with programming ,say with DBIII, it's doable. Time is the killer. It takes a lot of time to FIND the cheap tractors, time to dismantle, time to inventory them, time to rebuild, time to test, time to sell.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Joe - I have nothing to add other than looking forward to your project's completion.

At first, I thought you were heading down the wrong road like some others mentioned.

Now appears you kind of know where you are going and what you are doing.

I commend you for that. (y)

Good for you! Best wishes! (y)

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
Joe - I have nothing to add other than looking forward to your project's completion.

At first, I thought you were heading down the wrong road like some others mentioned.

Now appears you kind of know where you are going and what you are doing.

I commend you for that. (y)

Good for you! Best wishes! (y)
I'm curious as to why you thought i was going in the wrong direction, and what I did that made you think I know what I am doing

Kind words

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
While I like the 'idea' of collecting cheap 'parts' tractors and making good whole ones, it's in the 'execution' where it'll probably fail. You need a lot of covered space to store the inventory, once you buy them as sun and rain are hard on everything, especially paint,mechanicals and rubber. You need GREAT reference books/charts/etc. to KNOW what fits what. That could be challenging for the older models,but if you're good with programming ,say with DBIII, it's doable. Time is the killer. It takes a lot of time to FIND the cheap tractors, time to dismantle, time to inventory them, time to rebuild, time to test, time to sell.
What I am looking for and I dont think it exists:

A huge scrapyard filled with kubotas and wrench away at all the parts that I need

I think that the parts are more widely used than assumed, for example, I need that hst for the bx1500, but that HST was on 5 other models for many years

Its sitting somewhere in some yard that I have yet to discover

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'm curious as to why you thought i was going in the wrong direction, and what I did that made you think I know what I am doing

Kind words
Joe - at first I didn’t think you had a handle on everything involved in putting the backhoe on the L295.

After some time, it appeared you did understand what was involved.

All good! 👍

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
What I am looking for and I dont think it exists:

A huge scrapyard filled with kubotas and wrench away at all the parts that I need

I think that the parts are more widely used than assumed, for example, I need that hst for the bx1500, but that HST was on 5 other models for many years

Its sitting somewhere in some yard that I have yet to discover
Wishful thinking?
Endless parts searching?
Forever fixing?
Zero time using?

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Be sure to take pictures from every angle BEFORE you start tearing it apart ! Easy to get side tracked and forget where this spring or what bolt goes here !!! BTDT !!
I can see two longs lists... one of 'parts to get' other is 'order of fixing'.
Obviously getting the tractor running will be #1....

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
Can't use it until/unless it has been repaired/rebuilt.
I understood that when I saw the price of functional kubotas

I even see BX1500s going for $4000-5000

Any functional backhoe/tractor, similar size to the L295DT (30 HP), is $10-15K and more

Also, old kubotas are made of better steel (my opinion)

These machines will be used for light construction for the next 10+ years

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
Ok I plan on getting fluids for it this week and gonna work toward getting the bucket going

What fluids am i changing?

Engine, transmission, differentials (?), coolant, hydraulic

What kind of fluids does it take and where's the cheapest to get it? Tractor supply?

Look at the video, I think its missing the controller for the bucket

What that part called and can i make others work?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There are three fluids on the tractor = diesel engine oil, coolant for engine and transmission fluid. Since it is a 4wd (DT) there is a front differential fluid but you can use the same fluid as the transmission.

use any diesel rated engine oil with suitable viscosity for your temperature range. Shell Rotella is a popular brand.

for the transmission and differential use a universal tractor transmission and hydraulic fluid. If there is water in the transmission fluid you’re going to be changing it a couple of times trying to get that out. There is some cheap fluid (303)i that is really terrible so don’t get the cheapest fluid you can. I recommend this brand.
See this thread for a way to flush the pump and lines of the old fluid quickly

you may have a screen in the transmission or in a canister near the hydraulic pump.

the coolant can be water or green (Prestone) 50/50 mix coolant. Just don’t let it get too cold before you put it the anti freeze of course.

if you have external tanks for the FEL or backhoe then you can use the transmission fluid or a hydraulic fluid.

I use Kubota engine oil filter just because they are easy to get and not expensive

Reactions: 1 users