Bx1500 fuel low gauge cover

filterman

Equipment
b21, bx1500, lx178 water cool,ransomes 36",jd 300
May 27, 2021
washington
What hold this to gauge? If you glue it you cannot remove it to change bulb. Is there a snap ring. Just got replacement lense, was missing from bx.

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Probably turning it over would show some type of latching spring type clip that holds it in.

They make plastic pry bars to remove panels from car dashboard that may be used to remove it and not damage the mounting surface.

filterman

Equipment
May 27, 2021
washington
Probably turning it over would show some type of latching spring type clip that holds it in.

They make plastic pry bars to remove panels from car dashboard that may be used to remove it and not damage the mounting surface.
According to local bota it is glued in they think. Acess to bulb is from underneath. Im not sure bout that. I wish someone had close up pic of the gauge. Is there a plastic cover that goes over this plastic gauge icon?

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Here's a picture. I don't see a plastic cover over it. I have not personally serviced the gauges on my BX1500 but I have replaced one on my RTV. Access was from underneath. The whole gauge assemble pops out of the dash after compressing some retaining collars on the back of the gauge.
On a BX it looks like you will have to remove the battery cover and you may have to remove the battery to access the back of the gauges.

Attachments

filterman

Equipment
May 27, 2021
washington
Here's a picture. I don't see a plastic cover over it. I have not personally serviced the gauges on my BX1500 but I have replaced one on my RTV. Access was from underneath. The whole gauge assemble pops out of the dash after compressing some retaining collars on the back of the gauge.
On a BX it looks like you will have to remove the battery cover and you may have to remove the battery to access the back of the gauges.
Thank you for clarification. Im going to find a way to cover mine. Maybe flashlight lense.