BX1500 always has power to the fuel solenoid.

O'boy

Equipment
BX1500
Jul 9, 2020
Ohio
My old solenoid was frozen solid in the out position so the tractor wouldn't turn off. I took it out and ordered a new one. I put it in today and once plugged in it will only stay in the closed position. It has power to it all the time. What might cause this? Woud you think a short or bad key switch(can't find anything about this four pin switch), I am new to working on a tractor so help would be great. Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't have the WSM or the Wiring diagram for a BX1500, but some simple anwers should get to the bottom of it.

Does the tractor run when the solenoid is removed or power removed from it?

Sounds like it's the setup that uses a stop timer and that timer is bad.

It's under the dash panel.

Reactions: 1 user

O'boy

Equipment
BX1500
Jul 9, 2020
Ohio
I don't have the WSM or the Wiring diagram for a BX1500, but some simple anwers should get to the bottom of it.

Does the tractor run when the solenoid is removed or power removed from it?

Sounds like it's the setup that uses a stop timer and that timer is bad.

It's under the dash panel.
Yes it runs in both of those cases. I used a string attached to the shutoff while I waited for the part. I will look for that part. Thank you very much.

O'boy

Equipment
BX1500
Jul 9, 2020
Ohio
I found it. Now another question. It says on the front "IMPORTANT: Keep mounting direction as shown right with an arrow pointing up" but it is at a 45º angle. Would that make it not work? I guess I could just unbolt it and move it and see! Edit - The answer is no it didn't help.

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I found it. Now another question. It says on the front "IMPORTANT: Keep mounting direction as shown right with an arrow pointing up" but it is at a 45º angle. Would that make it not work? I guess I could just unbolt it and move it and see! Edit - The answer is no it didn't help.
Likely a requirement to keep rain out. they just don't want it upside down where water could enter it.

Otherwise, 45 or 90 degree will make no difference.

Dave

O'boy

Equipment
BX1500
Jul 9, 2020
Ohio
Likely a requirement to keep rain out. they just don't want it upside down where water could enter it.

Otherwise, 45 or 90 degree will make no difference.

Dave
That makes sense. I did find instructions on how to test it and it was indeed the problem.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Likely a requirement to keep rain out.
Exactly.. I replaced mine recently. Took apart the old one to see if it could be repaired... I found green corroded crud all over the board. They are not weatherproof, only drip proof.

O'boy

Equipment
BX1500
Jul 9, 2020
Ohio
Timer finally came today and that fixed that problem! Thanks for the help! Now I have another issue posted.