Bx trans oil change

Whatscooking

Equipment
Grand L 3130. BX2360. RTV900. GRASSHOPPER 721D
May 19, 2021
Indiana
Question about changing the hydrostatic oil. Do you warm it up good like engine oil and change or change cool?
Had big plans today, took ft tires and rims in for tubes, i even asked do you have the tubes, we should they said, not, found out at 4:45 when i called.
So do i wait or go ahead with the oil change, same question on the ft axel. And i gather 90w is what the ft likes.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
well - getting it warm and getting it hot are two different things - the tranny fluid is almost water like - so I would find a flat spot that you can get under the tractor easily and forget about getting it "warm"

Drain the oil - change the filter and make sure you get the side suction screen cleaned too. Personally - I would use the S-UDT2 in it and IF you wish place that in the front axle too. But many will say 85w90 in the axle. I used the Amsoil 85w90 in my BX, not that the lighter S-UDT 2 is bad - I just like a "little" more viscous oil there on that front axle.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Question about changing the hydrostatic oil. Do you warm it up good like engine oil and change or change cool?
Had big plans today, took ft tires and rims in for tubes, i even asked do you have the tubes, we should they said, not, found out at 4:45 when i called.
So do i wait or go ahead with the oil change, same question on the ft axel. And i gather 90w is what the ft likes.
I would forget about putting tubes in the front tires, have them put the Kubota tire sealant in them, and be done with leaks. It is far better than Slime and the other want-to-be tire sealant is non-toxic and water-soluble.

If you put 80/90 in the front axle rather than SUDT2, you have a lot less chance of oil seeping from a knuckle pivot seal over time and it has a higher shear factor.

There is really no benefit from warming the hydraulic oil before draining it although it would not hurt anything.

Reactions: 1 users