Bx three pt. Lever relocating experience

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Hi Guys:

I am spoiled having run a blue tractor of larger size and found there position of the three pt. lever there as very convenient for when I twist around to the right to see what is going on to the rear. Now with a BX 1860 I find their positioning the three pt. lever well down forward on the fender that I can hardly run it and twist my body and neck around to look back at the same time. My age is 82. Why they set that lever so far away from a convenient place is pretty dumb.

I am thinking of attaching a rod to so I can operate it with my hand farther back along the fender. It may look like heck, but I am about to try something.

Have any of you done that modification? It might be possible to re-mount it farther back also.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Hi again:

Well, I decided I had better try something. Having recently moved here most of my junk was thrown out during the move, but I managed to find a couple of aluminum angles and a 5/16" dia rod, scrounged from my wife's flower holder.

Hose clamps did the rest. Two lock nuts on end of rod, plus a third there seems sufficient. Trials show it works great so far.

A more permanent rig would require a longer rod with support at the ROP. That Z shape seems handy as a "handle".

Attachments