BX saves time and my back

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Just a quick project this morning. Last fall before I had purchased the BX I had removed an old flagpole base in the middle of the yard. It left a fairly large deep hole, so I rolled over some big rocks to cover it and prevent anyone from stepping in it. I got it done, but it was a bit of a pain and the rolling the rocks over by hand wasn’t the easiest.
B055C9F9-7263-4277-8794-695E81130EE6.jpeg
BB825E97-91A5-490B-9AF1-BC65FF248B60.jpeg

This morning I finally got around to moving the rocks and filling in the hole. The BX made quick work of the task and I barely had to leave the seat.
D716CCF7-06A7-469E-9614-AFBF64397787.jpeg

Getting the BX last fall was one of the best purchases I have made. Makes my property maintenance and projects fun instead of time consuming and back breaking. A larger tractor could do more, but for my 5 acres the BX is about perfect.

Reactions: 12 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Are those steel-toed scandals for working around heavy stone products? :unsure:

Just poking fun...I had a similar post a while back about having the most expensive wheelbarrow I've ever owned......I was thrilled about it! :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Are those steel-toed scandals for working around heavy stone products? :unsure:

Just poking fun...I had a similar post a while back about having the most expensive wheelbarrow I've ever owned......I was thrilled about it! :cool:
I have no idea what the previous owners were doing at my property (bought it a little over a year ago). I have one area that looked like an over grown dirt mound. I started getting in to it and it turned out to be rocks, rocks and more rocks. They had been there long enough that they had sunk into the ground and were covered in weeds. So far I have pulled at least 5-6 bucket fulls out and it just keeps on going. Still trying to figure out the best way to loosen all the dirt/rocks to haul them away.

9F95B3DC-8D82-4421-B316-02A876D7464C.jpeg

E8EF7A92-11BE-438C-9FA4-90E80455CD4D.jpeg

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I've got a spot like that....some of the stone are as big as a refrigerator.

I know that because I put them there......(with an excavator)..... :oops:

Reactions: 1 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I have no idea what the previous owners were doing at my property (bought it a little over a year ago). I have one area that looked like an over grown dirt mound. I started getting in to it and it turned out to be rocks, rocks and more rocks. They had been there long enough that they had sunk into the ground and were covered in weeds. So far I have pulled at least 5-6 bucket fulls out and it just keeps on going. Still trying to figure out the best way to loosen all the dirt/rocks to haul them away.

View attachment 61130
View attachment 61131
Looks like a stone fence at the end of the driveway to me.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
It's pretty common around here for the farmers to make a big pile of any rocks the frost heaves up before they till. Some of those piles get pretty impressive after a few years.

Reactions: 1 user

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
It's pretty common around here for the farmers to make a big pile of any rocks the frost heaves up before they till. Some of those piles get pretty impressive after a few years.
It might be something like that. I am surrounded by farm land and mine was farmed at some point in the past.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Yepper. Loving my Lil tractor. Moved patio stones...yet another time. I remember moving them with a wheel barrel😠

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yepper. Loving my Lil tractor. Moved patio stones...yet another time. I remember moving them with a wheel barrel😠
What the heck is a wheel barrel?

JeremyBX2200 said:
The BX made quick work of the task and I barely had to leave the seat.
I had a BX for five years (sold it recently) and it did an amazing amount of work in that time. They are definitely more than a glorified lawn mower as some here describe them. Nice property.

Reactions: 2 users

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I had a BX for five years (sold it recently) and it did an amazing amount of work in that time. They are definitely more than a glorified lawn mower as some here describe them. Nice property.
Thanks. The property is coming along.

I have been very happy with my BX. Cleared a bunch of brush and small trees. Was able to bulldoze larger trees I cut down into the burn pile in one piece instead of having to cut then up and haul them in my trailer. Brought in and spread a bunch of rock for the driveway. Drove in fence posts for the garden fence. Tilled the garden and food plot. Leveled rough areas with a box scraper.....the list goes on and on.

For my size property and the projects I have the BX seems to be the perfect size. May take a little longer to do something than with a larger tractor, but it gets it done. It is much more than "Just a toy tractor" as I have been told by some people.

Reactions: 2 users

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
For my size property and the projects I have the BX seems to be the perfect size. May take a little longer to do something than with a larger tractor, but it gets it done. It is much more than "Just a toy tractor" as I have been told by some people.
I looked at larger tractors, but I needed the smaller size of the BX on my property. It may take a little longer to move a huge pile, or dig out a stump, but it fits down all my trails thru the woods, under the pine forest canopy, and gets up close and personal, near buildings. It’s not just a work saver, my BX has made it possible to do many projects I couldn’t have done without it.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I looked at larger tractors, but I needed the smaller size of the BX on my property. It may take a little longer to move a huge pile, or dig out a stump, but it fits down all my trails thru the woods, under the pine forest canopy, and gets up close and personal, near buildings. It’s not just a work saver, my BX has made it possible to do many projects I couldn’t have done without it.
I used mine just the other day to spread more rock in my driveway, finish demoing my old camper, pull the camper axle and then clean up the bonfire areas after it was done.
IMG_4976.JPG

IMG_4959.JPG

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I have a 1,450’ graded gravel driveway to the pavement. I pulled the land plane and spread fresh gravel yesterday, and the roadway is perfect again. Little but mighty BX

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Used the FEL to push the MMM deck over to the tree and flip it up so I could power wash the underneath and fix the 2 guard plates on that attach to the front bottom of the deck. They were all bent up.
IMG_4987.JPG

Then mowed down the area that my solar array is gonna go so it could be staked out to get the permits.
IMG_4989.JPG

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
You sound a lot like myself. We just moved up into the north Georgia mountains on 18 acres. Probably a third is farmable with rest too steep. The soil was depleted of any nutrients when we tested it. Large patches of dried clap and lots of rocks.
I've only had my BX2680 for about 6 weeks but one of the more useful implements is a stump bucket. Besides uprooting small stumps, it is great for getting under rocks.
I have a 1700 ft winding driveway and I have been lining it with the rocks I pull up. The drive is quite steep and I think the rocks will help reduce the erosion along the road.

I did notice you have a pretty heavy load in your bucket. You might consider a ballast box for your 2 point.

Another I have is a mid buster plow for the 3 pt. Less that $200 and it pulls of the rocks and roots. Then I go back and pick them up with the bucket.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
You sound a lot like myself. We just moved up into the north Georgia mountains on 18 acres. Probably a third is farmable with rest too steep. The soil was depleted of any nutrients when we tested it. Large patches of dried clap and lots of rocks.
I've only had my BX2680 for about 6 weeks but one of the more useful implements is a stump bucket. Besides uprooting small stumps, it is great for getting under rocks.
I have a 1700 ft winding driveway and I have been lining it with the rocks I pull up. The drive is quite steep and I think the rocks will help reduce the erosion along the road.

I did notice you have a pretty heavy load in your bucket. You might consider a ballast box for your 2 point.

Another I have is a mid buster plow for the 3 pt. Less that $200 and it pulls of the rocks and roots. Then I go back and pick them up with the bucket.
I looked at stump buckets. It would be handy for all the small ones from around the pond where I cleared brush, but after that I wouldn’t use it much.

For the rear ballast I have a receiver on my 3pt with a cargo tray I put on that I put bags of salt/pellets on. I am thinking of getting a carry all because I can move pallets around with it and have a better ballast. Plus I heat with wood pellets and I can lift more weigh with the 3pt than I could with forks on the FEL.

Also keeping an eye out for a good deal on a 3pt box scraper. I could use it for rear ballast, to rear up the areas with rocks, maintain my driveway etc.

My issue with attachments is finding one I will use a lot to purchase. I just can’t justify buying something like a tiller that I will only use a few times a year, when I can rent one for $80.

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
I have to look at renting too. But a box scrapper is on my short list. I would prefer one with adjustable tines, if I can find it.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I have to look at renting too. But a box scrapper is on my short list. I would prefer one with adjustable tines, if I can find it.
On my purchase list is a box scraper, a toothbar and a carry all. Also going to make a snow pusher to hook to the bucket.

The rest of the stuff I will probably rent if needed.