BX mower deck keeps lowering

tractormd

Jul 24, 2021
Maryland
I have a new BX 1880 with a 54 inch belly mower. I have noticed than when doing things other than mowing, such as driving around or using the loader, the mower deck keep descending a little into the cutting position. I have to keep using the lever to raise it back up into the highest position. Is this common? Is there not a way to lock it in place?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
There should be a knob under/front of seat that controls the three point hitch drop rate. Close that valve after you have the mower deck in the highest position.

One other thing to check is if the mower lift knob has in indicator position that says "Top". If so, raise the deck, then turn the mower position control knob to "top" or "lock" if it has one.

If you need to do 3 point hitch work while the mower deck is mounted, there should be some pins to lock it in the raised position.

see here for refence to the mower lift knob "Top" position. Read the section at the bottom of the page listed under "Important:"

BX mower lift.JPG

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
One other thing to check is if the mower lift knob has in indicator position that says "Top". If so, raise the deck, then turn the mower position control knob to "top" or "lock" if it has one.

If you need to do 3 point hitch work while the mower deck is mounted, there should be some pins to lock it in the raised position.
Good post, but not sure about the part quoted above. In my case with a BX2200, the position knob is what holds the deck in position, when in the TOP position, or any position actually.

In MY case, there are no pins to lock the deck in the top position, since the deck position knob does this.

The 3 PH then can be used while the deck hangs in the position selected. However, if the position selected is not TOP, then I think the deck will lift if the 3PH is raise to maximum. And will lower to the setting chosen on the knob.

Just a clarification, because it sounded like what you were describing is different than the way it works on my tractor.

I remember hearing of a way to pin the 3PH up, but never bothered to find it on my tractor as there has never been a need. I suppose pinning the 3PH up would also lock the mower deck in the up position independent of the position knob.