BX Hydraulics

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
This is so cool . . . I've been wanting to do this to my tractor since I found out that you could put remotes on a BX. I compared putting my own together with fittings, valves, hose, etc. from Princess Auto to the cost of the Kubota kit and it came out about the same for what I was looking for. So, I bought the factory kit and put it on. Super easy, and it even looks factory, using an accessory lever slot next to the seat. Did it at the same time as I changed oil, all the filters and did a hydraulic system flush with new Super UDT.

I also got a hydraulic post hole auger, and it works really slick with the new remotes. The only issue I found is that the extra 200 lb on the bucket made it a bit forward heavy and tippy, so I had to add more weight to the back. Well, I just happened to have a big heavy chunk of iron laying around that I wasn't doing anything with (some guys might recognize it from the "What the heck is this?" post I put up a while back). Made an adaptor to hold it to the top of my ballast box and that smartened it right up. Also added ratchet straps to help make sure it doesn't come off the adaptor.

Maybe now I can finally pull all this stuff off and FINALLY mow my lawn (haven't yet this year, long story . . .) Now to watch for a sale on cylinders so I can build my log splitter.

Attachments

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I didn't know remotes were availible on the BX series. I have a BX24 and I am going to check into that . Thanks for posting this.