BX HST pedal sometimes won't go all way forward

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I have a BX2350 - about 1200 hours on it. It usually goes well enough in terms of speed, but sometimes feels like it's going half speed. I've fiddled before, and the pedal is quite floppy on its shaft - it is possible for it to get misaligned enough to bang on a chassis member. But I can wriggle it sideways to avoid that.

Today it did it again, and I got a more clear feel for it. It was going fine, then I backed up a bit to get around a corner, and it was into slow mode. I mowed for a while slowly (very annoying), tried backing up a few times and a few other things, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the floppy pedal. After about half hour, on way home, the pedal did a little clunk, and I suddenly had full speed again.

Has anyone experienced this, is there a known component that can get hung up or blocked somehow to cause this? Is it likely to be inside the transmission or outside in the linkages somewhere? Tomorrow I'll jack it up and look under and see if I can work out more, but interested if this is something someone has experienced before.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The only thing I can come up with really quick is linkage and gunk built up under the frame. If you have the mower off you can see the linkage check for a loose pin I think the 50 series uses the same set up and the 60. ANd look for a lot of gunk build up too,, and if I remember right under the floor ma there is an opening in the deck that lets you get to a grease fitting for the shaft. Thats where I would start

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
follor the linkage to the back, where the pedal link rod goes onto the transmission. See if the link ball joint is wore out, or if the nut is loose or missing