BX heater install

BX'r

Equipment
BX2370
Jun 13, 2020
ipsc
Any reason this wouldn't work?
Redirect hose from thermostat to the heater and run the return back to the water pump.
I 'll add shut offs to bypass the heater in the summer and run the coolant from the thermostat directly back to the water pump.

heater for bx.png

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
That is what I had done to plumb my heater back in the early 2000s when I installed a Curtis cloth cab. I cut that hose and got hose adapters from NAPA to increase the hose size to the diameter of the hoses coming off of the heater itself, and it worked great. I didn't put any shut-offs in the lines because in the warmer months I took the doors off of the cab, and the coolant flowing through the heater core didn't present a problem since the fan wasn't on.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It'll work but how well ?
The amount of heat you get from a heater core is based upon several factors and FLOW is critical, low flow = warmish, high flow = lots of heat.
fairly easy to plumb and test though !

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Any reason this wouldn't work?
Redirect hose from thermostat to the heater and run the return back to the water pump.
I 'll add shut offs to bypass the heater in the summer and run the coolant from the thermostat directly back to the water pump.

View attachment 75391
Exactly what I did for a heater in my homemade cab. 3/8" hoses run back to the heater where mounted was all that was necessary for enough water flow. How much heat will the heater put out? see Post 15
Depending on the size of heater you choose it can have you sweating in the coldest of outdoor temps. :)

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
I put a tee fitting where you have it marked in the picture. I also installed a 3/8 nipple on the other side of the thermostat housing to replace the hex head plug on that side. Lots of heat so far

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
If you google "heater bypass valve" you'll find a few different models (manual, cable or electric operated.)
You can completely bypass the heater circuit or even "feather" the flow to the heater to suit your needs.

BX'r

Equipment
BX2370
Jun 13, 2020
ipsc
Just posting the finished project.

heater control.jpg

The fittings on the valves were replaced with NPT fittings and the molded 5/8 hose came from O'Rileys , Gates 18777 coolant hose.
Placed an air bleeder valve above the heater .

Last edited: