BX fuel tank inspection plate

1jogger

Equipment
bx24
Mar 21, 2021
california
After multiple filter and fuel pump changes I expected to find material blocking the fuel outlet inside my tank but.... my tank was clean.

I think I have an occasionally collapsing or pinched fuel line (it's 15 years old) so the back half of tractor has to come off which I was trying to avoid.

The plate comes from "Boyd welding" in Florida for $38 plus shipping, SKU44033. I carefully redrilled the holes in the tank a little larger than suggested using metal plate as a template and it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps others, it's a great well made product

Attachments

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
After multiple filter and fuel pump changes I expected to find material blocking the fuel outlet inside my tank but.... my tank was clean.

I think I have an occasionally collapsing or pinched fuel line (it's 15 years old) so the back half of tractor has to come off which I was trying to avoid.

The plate comes from "Boyd welding" in Florida for $38 plus shipping, SKU44033. I carefully redrilled the holes in the tank a little larger than suggested using metal plate as a template and it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps others, it's a great well made product
Curious why after finding the tank was clean you concluded you needed an inspection opening...

1jogger

Equipment
bx24
Mar 21, 2021
california
Curious why after finding the tank was clean you concluded you needed an inspection opening...
I thought debris was clogging the fuel line fitting at the bottom of the tank. I could clear the line with compressed air after changing filters etc. but after running for an hour or so problem reoccurred.
Put the inspection plate in and "then" found the tank clean so problem between tank and first filter.
( Guess I wasn't clear about the order)

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
With this port - can you see the small tube outlet to the fuel line clearly?

I think this is a "solution" to a problem that seems to come up way to often!!!

Question - when you cut the circle out - jig saw? or ? and you had to vacuum the tank rather well after the fact?

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
maybe replace the fuel line with 'fuel injector 5/16" hose.it's rated for high pressure ,so the sidewall won't collapsewhen pump draws the fuel through it.

1jogger

Equipment
bx24
Mar 21, 2021
california
With this port - can you see the small tube outlet to the fuel line clearly?

I think this is a "solution" to a problem that seems to come up way to often!!!

Question - when you cut the circle out - jig saw? or ? and you had to vacuum the tank rather well after the fact?
Fuel outlet is easily accessible from this 4" hole

-Remove or pull back seat
-ragsoak the fuel out after emptying the tank
-Slowly cut with/harbor freight Adjustable circle cutter-- $8
-I drilled holes second time w/ little larger bit so screw passes thru easier to connect with bottom plate
-Easy to wipe out plastic pieces w/rag until clean

GreensvilleJay, good idea with fuel injector hose, I'll do that, thanks!