BX Fuel Filter Question

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

Just got done doing my annual fluid (HST, engine oil) and filter (air, HST, oil, and fuel) change and noticed that the first fuel filter doesn't look to be full like it was before changing the filter:
IMG_0009.jpg

Before the filter change the bowl looked to be full of diesel and now it doesn't seem to be filling back up. Maybe this is normal and I just didn't notice before how long the bowl takes to fill up...could that be?

I bled the air from the system after changing both filters by letting the lift pump run for a while, which I can hear clicking away under the tractor. I then started the tractor up and let it run for 10-minutes then took it for a spin without any issues - maybe I'm being paranoid?

Is something wrong or is this normal?

For reference this is a 2012 BX1860.

Thanks for any help!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
On the filter (that I haven't installed yet...) there's a 'bleed' port, which is used to release the trapped air. If your's doesn't have that, I'd remove the 'engine' side fuel line and allow gravity to fill the filter and push out all the air(well 99% of it.. then reattach the engine side fuel line. yes it could get a bit messy, so have a rag or two under the tractor.

Jay

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Loosen the ring ..... cut key on a bit ...... tighten once full.

Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi-

Just got done doing my annual fluid (HST, engine oil) and filter (air, HST, oil, and fuel) change and noticed that the first fuel filter doesn't look to be full like it was before changing the filter:
View attachment 58775

Before the filter change the bowl looked to be full of diesel and now it doesn't seem to be filling back up. Maybe this is normal and I just didn't notice before how long the bowl takes to fill up...could that be?

I bled the air from the system after changing both filters by letting the lift pump run for a while, which I can hear clicking away under the tractor. I then started the tractor up and let it run for 10-minutes then took it for a spin without any issues - maybe I'm being paranoid?

Is something wrong or is this normal?

For reference this is a 2012 BX1860.

Thanks for any help!
Sounds like you got your answer.

Question, why does the valve in the photo have two ON positions, but no OFF position?

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
I figured that might be the case, but am unsure how that makes sense. Unless there is a specific reason, which is why I asked...
That’s exactly right, but no idea why it’s like that.