BX Folks: Looking For Photos of Your Destroyed Hydro Fan

japollner

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 23, 2018
GREENFIELD
I'm putting together a video that mentions the tendency to destroy the hydraulic cooling fan, and am looking for some photos to include, since I haven't grenaded mine yet. If you have any you wouldn't mind me using, feel free to post them below, along with how you'd like them credited in the video. You can also email them to me at mindfulhomestead (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks!

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
this thread, and this thread, tell my tale of fan disaster and the subsequent bending of my driveshaft, because im an idiot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I saw your video last night night. Good job, with the exception of your ROPS issue. You simply need to loosen the thumb knobs (located on front side of the ROPS) a few turns when lowering or raising the ROPS in order to get the pins out easily. After inserting the pins, tighten the knobs to put tension on the ROPS (it will keep the ROPS from rattling).

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
DIdn't even know there was a problem. Had to take it all apart to replace the steering hydraulic hose. Saw this funny piece of plastic and then realized that at one time it was a fan. You can just use it, no need for credits :)

Attachments

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
DIdn't even know there was a problem. Had to take it all apart to replace the steering hydraulic hose. Saw this funny piece of plastic and then realized that at one time it was a fan. You can just use it, no need for credits :)
Wow! Impressive.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I don’t have one....thank goodness.

Geez, I shouldn’t have said that!😖