BX Dashboard...

jaargh

Equipment
BX1880V w/LA344 FEL, BB1248 Scraper, RCR1248 Brush Mower, 60" Rock Rake
Mar 30, 2021
southern california
How "waterproof" is the dash/instrument cluster? Will it take a hosing off? Rainstorm?

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
My 23s has been outside a few times and I have washed it quite a few times. Most tractors likely at a minimum get rained on. I just wouldn’t use the high pressure nozzles on a pressure washer, I use the 45 on mine.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
How "waterproof" is the dash/instrument cluster? Will it take a hosing off? Rainstorm?
the bx25 line had a terrible problem with moisture in the dash board - the newer 23s may not have the same problem.

If left in the weather - I would cover the entire tractor - but if you cannot, I would cover the dash carefully and when you wash, wash around the dash board.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I would not push your luck with getting the dashboard wet with direct water. Especially the older BXs with the little LCD screen are also particularly susceptible to failing when getting wet. I always covered mine from direct water, and do the same on the B

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I bought a cab to protect my dash. It also keeps the rain, snow, cold away from me. If I get wet, my wife said that I would melt, since I am so sweet.

jaargh

Equipment
BX1880V w/LA344 FEL, BB1248 Scraper, RCR1248 Brush Mower, 60" Rock Rake
Mar 30, 2021
southern california
I bought a cab to protect my dash. It also keeps the rain, snow, cold away from me. If I get wet, my wife said that I would melt, since I am so sweet.
I have the huge orange top that looks like an upside down wheelbarrow on mine plus it is parked in my hanger I was mainly curious about hosing the thing off. I have already been questioned as to why it isnt that "pretty bright orange anymore"...

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
A rule of thumb I was taught when I was about 12 years old, water and electric don't mix. Keep all electrical components dry. Wipe the dash with a damp cloth, after blowing the heavier crud off, and you will have no problems. I remember reading about dashes that failed because Kubota didn't properly seal them against moisture. I think back to my 1963 Corvair Spyder, where the instruments got fogged up on humid days, and they took a very long time to dry out. I also remember some cars that had this problem had a tiny hole drilled in the lens to vent them. I use a very damp cloth to wipe the dash, and when I remember, I spray it first with a foaming cleanser to lift the dirt off the lens. Eventually the lens will get some very fine scratches in it, and they can be polished out if they bother you. Have to keep it in mind that it is a tractor, not a sports car.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
When I bought my machine there were about 300 pieces of equipment on the lot. Not one was under cover! My BX may have sat on the lot for a year? I keep it in the garage for winter, but the boat just took its place so the bx spends summers outside! NOW if I could talk Mama into parking her car outside the BX would be back in the garage!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: NOW if I could talk Mama into parking her car outside the BX would be back in the garage!

SHE didn't get a choice, her new car(2019) IS outside ,since I lost parking next door..only seemed fair....and if she demands otherwise, we'll divorce, sell the house and NOBODY gets to use the garage....

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
re: NOW if I could talk Mama into parking her car outside the BX would be back in the garage!

SHE didn't get a choice, her new car(2019) IS outside ,since I lost parking next door..only seemed fair....and if she demands otherwise, we'll divorce, sell the house and NOBODY gets to use the garage....
The judge might give her both the home with the garage and the tractor. Be careful what you wish for! Divorce court judges are prejudiced toward men, in 99% of the cases. Don't believe me, just ask the men that were married for 15 or 20 years, and how they faired. I know a man who's wife stole just about everything that he had, including his retirement, and the court doesn't see that as being improper.