BX 80 SERIES 3RD FUNCTION VALVE

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am in need of a 3rd function valve for my BX23S, however, I don't know which one to buy, the Land Pride or the Kubota. They both offer a model that is specific to the BX 80 Series tractors and Land Pride has a model that is specific to the BX23S model. Having done a lot of reading, I have learned that the Kubota unit is a bypass unit, and that the Land Pride is a full time 3rd function valve. I have found and read the instructions for installing the Land Pride valve, but haven't been able to find the instructions for the installation of the Kubota valve. Do you have either of these two brands 3rd function valve mounted on a BX23S, and if so, how happy are you with its function? My dealer has installed the Kubota units in the past, but wasn't even aware of the Land Pride unit until I brought it to their attention. Here are the install instruction specific to the BX23S http://messicks.com/uploads/assets/380-289A_color_copy.pdf . Cost from Messicks for the Land Pride Unit is $837.44 for the parts only. Installation is extra, however, I believe that it isn't that difficult if you can read and follow the instructions and the install PDF.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I have the landpride. I wanted a true third function and not a bypass. Because I want to be able to curl and close/open my grapple at the same time.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The best installation instructions for 3rd function valves are often in the Loader Assembly Instructions.

Some dealers will help you out with a pdf copy of the file. Bring aa USB stick when you ask

Dave

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I have the Land Pride on my BX1880. It was cheaper to buy the Land Pride Grapple with the 3rd function sold as a package than buying them separately. The dealer installed it all before the tractor delivery. However the tricky part appears to be to run the hydraulic lines across underneath the tractor. Mine were getting pinched when the MMM was raised all the way up. When I complained, the dealer came up with a "fix" pulling the lines forward using zip ties clearing the MMM and barely clearing the front driveshaft.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
you might want to consider the 'dual rear remote' kit from Kubota. Give you TWO live functional remotes. Levers go in that 'empty spot' behind the loader joysick.... I don't know about the cost but wouldn't hurt to ask. I have the install manual, not that bad a job..One could goto the grapple (3rd function...), other to 3PH top link or snowblower or ????