BX 2360 Transmission Fluid and Filter

Dvfh

Equipment
BX 2360
Dec 24, 2011
Boyds, MD
I have a new BX 2360 and am servicing it for the first time. The manual says to change the oil and filter at the first 50 hours. And the transmission fluid filter at 50 and the transmission fluid for the first time at 400 hours. But on Kubota's web site under Maintenance Table says to change the trans fund at the first 50 hours. Any suggestions? Should I change everything at 50 hours as the web site says or follow the manual and change the trans fluid at 400? A little confusing... Any suggestion I'd appreciate..

thanks..

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I have a new BX 2360 and am servicing it for the first time. The manual says to change the oil and filter at the first 50 hours. And the transmission fluid filter at 50 and the transmission fluid for the first time at 400 hours. But on Kubota's web site under Maintenance Table says to change the trans fund at the first 50 hours. Any suggestions? Should I change everything at 50 hours as the web site says or follow the manual and change the trans fluid at 400? A little confusing... Any suggestion I'd appreciate..

thanks..
If it were mine I'd do as the manual says ( really, what is wrong with that oil after only 50 hrs?), but we are still changing the transmission oil at 50 hrs in our shop. ( more revenue our shop :D ) Kubota have increased the time between oil changes on all the tractors.
Ed

jb62901

Sep 8, 2009
Cassopolis, Mi. SW Corner Mi.
I'll of had mine 3 years the coming March. I changed fluid, filter and cleaned the screen at 50 hrs. And did the same at 200 and at 400 hrs will do it at 600 hrs also. To date it has 530 hrs. Did the motor oil and filter at 50 hrs also and at every hundred hrs since. No problems at all with My unit to date.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
A friend on another forum contacted Kubota directly and their reply was to go by the manual and do filters only. I spoke with our dealer on our 2008 BX2660 and he agreed; will be changing the fluid for the first time this month.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I think it depends on the type of use and where it is stored. A unit stored outside will end up with more water in the oil whether just from condensation or rain and snow but even at that 50 hrs maybe excessive. I would cut the manual recommendation in half and then go from there. Most farm tractors have a recommended change at 1500 hrs for the first oil change but are quite insistent with regular filter changes.