BX 2360 Rear Wheel Locked Up - HST Issue

VBB3021

Equipment
2009 BX2360
Oct 2, 2019
Lightfoot, VA
Hi All - This is my first post, so be kind. My '09 BX2360 has locked up and badly. Driving on my street at full speed, high gear in 2WD I heard a soft thump under the seat, followed by a second thump under my seat. Never heard that before. About 10 minutes later, now in 4wd in my yard I heard a third thump and whoa, the tractor strains to move but does not move anywhere. Jacked it up and the right rear wheel is locked hard. I did get it to move another foot or so by shifting in and out of 4wd and moving the HST in reverse and forward. I then drug it up on a trailer and took her in.

A local Diesel/Tractor repair shop (not Kubota, please don't lecture me right now, I know) has the machine completely open and everything turns fine in the gears, no problems at all. No signs of serious grinding, etc. There are just a few small metal pieces near the filter screen and one ball bearing in the bottom of the housing. Other than breaking down the clutch, which is where we are, there are no obvious teeth damage or missing bearings. Fluid was allowed to get quite dirty, that is the only real thing noted. Mechanic is stumped and we are fearful to put it back together without identifying the culprit. PLEASE, any ideas? Thank you in advance.
20191002_173503119_iOS.jpg

20191002_173500012_iOS.jpg

wilsonb

Equipment
bx2360,la240 loader,bx2750d snowblower
Mar 21, 2023
canada
Hi All - This is my first post, so be kind. My '09 BX2360 has locked up and badly. Driving on my street at full speed, high gear in 2WD I heard a soft thump under the seat, followed by a second thump under my seat. Never heard that before. About 10 minutes later, now in 4wd in my yard I heard a third thump and whoa, the tractor strains to move but does not move anywhere. Jacked it up and the right rear wheel is locked hard. I did get it to move another foot or so by shifting in and out of 4wd and moving the HST in reverse and forward. I then drug it up on a trailer and took her in.

A local Diesel/Tractor repair shop (not Kubota, please don't lecture me right now, I know) has the machine completely open and everything turns fine in the gears, no problems at all. No signs of serious grinding, etc. There are just a few small metal pieces near the filter screen and one ball bearing in the bottom of the housing. Other than breaking down the clutch, which is where we are, there are no obvious teeth damage or missing bearings. Fluid was allowed to get quite dirty, that is the only real thing noted. Mechanic is stumped and we are fearful to put it back together without identifying the culprit. PLEASE, any ideas? Thank you in advance.
View attachment 39304

View attachment 39305

wilsonb

Equipment
bx2360,la240 loader,bx2750d snowblower
Mar 21, 2023
canada
this may not be the problem,but check diff lock internal finger,these are prone to shearing off