BX 2350 will not start. Help!! Please!!

ericj3742

Equipment
BX2350
Jan 22, 2010
Landrum, SC
We had a extreme cold snap a few weeks ago. I went to start my BX With the temp. at about 22 degrees. The tractor started, ran normally for about 30 seconds, then started to jump and shake, terrible sounding. I shut her down then noticed the fuel tank cap was missing. The tractor had sat outside for a few days during which time it snowed. I waited for the weather to warm to the 50's to allow any water in the fuel system to unfreeze,drained the tank( It was almost empty), disconnected the fuel line at the engine turned on the tractor start switch to pump out any remaining fuel and refilled the tank with fresh diesel. I broke the line loose at the injectors and made sure I had fresh fuel to the injectors and tried to start the tractor using the normal cold weather starting procedure. The engine turns over normally, but there was not even a hint of the engine catching. I'm out of work and need to try to repair this myself. I a pretty good wrench on most things but I'm not very familiar with troubleshooting diesel engine problems. Would someone please help out with some suggestions on where to proceed from here. Thanks very much in advance for your assistance. Ric

Jlillie

Equipment
B7300/backhoe-RTV900-G6200H-K008-3 :non orange:Takeuchi TB25
Oct 20, 2009
Williamstown, MA, USA
The engine turns over normally, but there was not even a hint of the engine catching. I'm out of work and need to try to repair this myself. I a pretty good wrench on most things but I'm not very familiar with troubleshooting diesel engine problems. Would someone please help out with some suggestions on where to proceed from here. Thanks very much in advance for your assistance. Ric
If you haven't heard it before DO NOT USE EITHER, bad news with that stuff and a Kubota engine. (If you search the site you will probably see something about that.)

One thought (Often over looked for events like this), be sure to replace the fuel filter, once that gets "Wet" its pretty much done for unless you take it out and dry it. But its probably best to just replace it.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I do know one time I kinda screwed up and ran my tractor all day long and ran the fuel tank empty and that shut down the engine. I cracked the injectors and bled out the air and man it seemed like I spent about an hour trying to get it going. I know I finally had to take each line loose leading up to the engine block and let fuel drain out at each point to make sure I had plenty of fuel. Keep trying and be patient.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
You likely got water into the injectors and fuel pump and that will take a lot purging. Make sure you are getting straight diesel at the IP first then at the injectors and then you will need to purge the injectors. OH ya change the fuel filter and more than once. Water is sometimes worse than air to purge and of course more harmful to the system.:)

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
First be sure to drain the tank as much as possble, often times you cant get it all, but if you take the line off under the tractor at the inline fuel filter you should get most of it. Put some fuel in to help rinse it out. Next, be sure to change both inline fuel filters, one under the floor and one near the engine. Take the hose off at the fuel inj. pump and stick it in a bucket, turn the key on and let it run until the fuel that comes out is clean and has no sign of any water, hook it up and crank away, it should start up. You may have to crack the inj. lines at the injectors, but on this model it usually bleeds itself out pretty easy.