BX 2200D w/FEL new to me....

arml

Equipment
B5100e BX2200 JD455AWS JD425
Jan 27, 2022
Pennsylvania
So I just bought this tractor a week or so ago, looking at 2 different models.
Picked this one because of it's compact size, easy to mount and low hours.
This is the first tractor I've owned with the front loader, I'm getting old and, need help. Tired of lifting things by my worn bones..LOL. Anyway, it' a learning curve for me operating the loader but, it sure is a great help. Of course I did make a pretty good mess trying to use it, I guess I'll get the hang of it .
Kubota BX 2200.jpg

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You WILL get the hang of it ............Several things to REMEMBER

Lift when stopped - once you move with load up - the center of gravity changes and bad things can happen quick!!!

When backing up - leave the joystick alone, if you have you hand on it and press a little down, trust me - things happen that you wish DID NOT!

Work the loader in LOW gear, drive into the pile and lift - it has more power to get into the "pile" and slower to move around.

Don't baby the engine - then again, you don't need to run it WOT either - slow and easy till you get the hang of it.

Load the rear tires............ just do it! With whatever "fluid" you wish.......... some are cheap and some are expensive - ALL of them help tremendously. Load 75% ........... stem at 12 o'clock.

Get weight of some sort on the rear when doing a lot of lifting ............ ballast box, carry all, hell even a rear blade will do - it simple physics. See Newton's 3rd law.

Get a toothbar if you plan on digging into virgin soil - those are worth their weight in ........... gold!

IF you need to go DOWN a hill - use 4wd, that way you have BRAKES on all 4 wheels........ if in 2wd and head down a hill, the rear will slip and you will be cruzin' for the bruisin'!

Place a good deal of air in the front tires.........20 psi .......... loader work places a hellva lot of pressure on the front end tires.

other will add to this list ...........

above ALL ease .......... be safe and smart, everyone of us can tell you WHEN we forgot ............ to be smart and did something ................ stupid!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I have the same tractor. Purchased it about a year and a half ago shortly after I moved to my current property.

It has been great so far. Adding a toothbar and box blade is on my short list.

Defiantly use some ballast when doing heavier FEL work. It is pretty easy to get up on 3 wheels.

Also, if you are going to in muddy/wet areas at all you may want to look in to a set of AG tires. The turf tires do not work well.

I have a set of each

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
No fear you'll be a pro in no time.. when moving a load keep it as low as you safely can. Be safe and have fun!
Tooth bar mentioned.. Piranha but any will do.
55AE8303-8A22-4BDE-97AC-153D7DAB1DE6.png

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
In case you haven't figured it out, that thing
Screenshot_20220425-221323-980.png

is the level indicator. The top of it is parallel with the cutting edge. It helps when you want to skim the surface.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
You will be able to do all kinda of stuff with the BX and FEL when you get the hang of it. Here are some Pics for you.

My land used to be farm ground so there was a spot that rocks had been dumped. Moved a bunch of bucket fulls, but finally used the loader to dig down below the rocks and will fill it in when I get a load of topsoil brought in. Gave me a chance to build up my backstop too.
RockPic.JPG

RockCrater.JPG

BackStop.JPG

Had an old rotted stump the previous owners had left. FEL isnt the best tool, but we got it done and hauled away.
StumpOut.JPG

StumpHaul.JPG

Demo'd my old/leaky 1995 camper
CamperDemo.PNG

Tons of other projects and pics too. It has made my life a tom easier.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Was the power washer for the young men or the tractor?

You can sure get a lot done with these Tractors... small or not!

Reactions: 1 user

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Was the power washer for the young men or the tractor?

You can sure get a lot done with these Tractors... small or not!
Actually neither.

I used the FEL to dig down around the stump and expose the roots. Then we used the pressure washer to clean out the dirt between the roots so we could cut or rip them. Worked pretty well, but I can't take credit for the idea. A member on here recommended it to me.

Clean up afterwards was the pond.....for the workers, not the tractor

And I agree, I can get a lot done with my BX even though it small. It has saved my back numerous times.

IMG_4723.JPG

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Besides digging with the FEL (which isn't always the easiest) I was also able to drive in the metal fence posts around my garden......along with clearing the area of brush, leveling with a box blade and tilling it too.

Looking back through my pics I realize I have way too many of my tractor projects.....

Stick the post in the ground and then drive it in with the FEL bucket.
GardenPost1.PNG

GardenPost2.PNG

arml

Equipment
Jan 27, 2022
Pennsylvania
Yes to all these posts, I thank you. I'm waiting for things around here to dry out so I could get out there to use it. I really like this sub compact.
I think I made the right choice for my little 5 acre property.

Kubota 1.jpg
Kubota 2.JPG
Kubota 3.JPG

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
One thing I noticed in your pic was your mmm.. "mid mount mower" linkage hanging down. You can raise your 3 point and set that vertical knob to "0" I'm pretty sure that locks that linkage up tight so you don't hang it up on something. Especially in reverse!

It won't affect your 3pt up and down after you set it..

arml

Equipment
Jan 27, 2022
Pennsylvania
One thing I noticed in your pic was your mmm.. "mid mount mower" linkage hanging down. You can raise your 3 point and set that vertical knob to "0" I'm pretty sure that locks that linkage up tight so you don't hang it up on something. Especially in reverse!

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that tomorrow.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
I have 5 acres and love my BX1880. The FEL and MMM are perfect for our little horse farm. Just one warning, these things seem to have a need for friends to hang off of the 3 point and quick attach.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

On my BX2200D the setting is TOP to keep the mower deck as high as possible. "0" sets it at the lowest position...

Just a small correction, at least as far as my BX2200 goes.