BX 1500 Hours

gpbm

Feb 8, 2013
NH
Considering a BX 1500 with 900 hours. Well maintained it appears. For those BX1500 owners out there, can you please comment on issues and historical longevity of this tractor and its corresponding engine and transmission. Thank you.

FreezinGator

Equipment
BX1500 LA181 FEL 48MMM Back blade
Jul 10, 2020
Upstate NY
I have a BX1500 I picked up a few years ago that had 529 hours on it when I acquired it. It now has around 750 hours. Soon after I did a complete service myself ( oil / filter, hydro fluid SUDT2/filter, coolant, front axle fluid, fuel filters, air filter ) to get a baseline for maintenance and then followed the schedule or better. It has an FEL and 48 MMM. I worked over the MMM - teardown , repaint, new fluids/grease. I put on a block heater, filled the rear tires and replaced the battery. It had a small front axle pivot fluid leak (many do-common issue) that I fixed with a very small amount of AT-205 in the axle gear oil. It had been stored inside and I assume maintained well as it has been great for me. I have a new stop solenoid for when that part fails as sometime it is slower than usual to shut off but never to the point where it won't shut off. Once it started to run rough intermittently but new fuel filters fixed that ( since then I always keep two on hand). Other than that just maintenance and I am assuming it will probably outlast me. From what I understand these tractors can run 3500 - 4000 hours if maintained properly. Inside or covered storage helps.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you use the block heater, consider adding a 'battery warmer cover' as well. Most timers now have two outlets which is nice.
Batteries are like humans..like to be warm NOT k-k-k-kold.......