Built a chicken coop for the daughter...

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
brick.jpg

sign.jpg

Paint job and sign are all her. There are those that claim I contributed to her sense of humor, don't see it myself...:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So why did you build her a brick chicken house,, wont you let her live in the house anymore ?

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
She has her own house! Plus two kids and three grandkids! :D

coopcon.jpg

Here it is under construction.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
She has her own house! Plus two kids and three grandkids! :D

View attachment 86897

Here it is under construction.
It is going to be quite crowded in there, but at least the real estate taxes will be low since they are based on square footage. I like that the door opens out so they can get out of the home quickly should someone burn the toast and the smoke detector were to go off.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The term that rings in my mind with Brick and House in it does not include the word chick. Has one less letter and starts with S and ends with T.

I can't even remember the saying it relates to!

Nice job. What is the actual function of the structure? Does not look like a chicken coop. Playhouse for the kids?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
The term that rings in my mind with Brick and House in it does not include the word chick. Has one less letter and starts with S and ends with T.

I can't even remember the saying it relates to!

Nice job. What is the actual function of the structure? Does not look like a chicken coop. Playhouse for the kids?
Nope, it actually houses a half-dozen hens. It was "designed" to make use of full sheets of plywood with a minimum of waste. Could have had more square feet of floor space, but it wouldn't have been tall enough to stand up in, which was a requirement.

And yes, the name was a play on the old saying about "Built like a brick ****house".

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Just built one for my wife as well. Seems we had similar thoughts on using sheets of Ply wood. No bricks involved lol. Still have to give ish up the window trim and a few other odds and ends.

Attachments