Building a Trailer

cleo101

Equipment
New Kubota LX3310
Dec 4, 2015
Thorndale, Ontario - Canada
Hi guys, I am building myself a small trailer and I was wondering if any of you out there are good with trailers :) my question is this :

I'm using a 4 way connection plug and I've now wire the whole trailer but before I hook up the 4 way harness to my wires I wanted to test them with a battery pack so what I did is ground my battery pack to the trailer and I than proceed to test each wires.

I touch the yellow one and the left light came on, which should be ok, than I touch the green wire and the right light came on which is ok too, but when I touch the brown wire all the lights came on (side markers too) but for some reason the left one didn't ??

so I guess what I'm asking, is this OK still I know once the 4 way plug is hook up to a car or truck that power might go to more than one wire at the time but for testing purpose only if I want to test the trailer by testing one wire at the time are my result OK ? I'm wiring this trailer for a friend so I don't have a car to test it right now.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Especially in bright daylight, it is easy to get mixed up on whether it is a tail or turn light that is lit.

Almost all trailer light goofyness is caused by poor grounds to the frame. Really good wiring has a ground wire to each light fixture.

The brown wire should have all lights on, but not the bright elements in the bulb for the turn/stop lights. The rear lights should be dimmer when brown is powered.

Bruce

Attachments

Last edited: