Build my own quick attach for B2620

cleo101

Equipment
New Kubota LX3310
Dec 4, 2015
Thorndale, Ontario - Canada
Hi guys, so I've decided to fabricate my own "quick coupler" which by the time I had bought the metal for it I found out about the "B1658" unit that you can buy for about $350.00 plus taxes here in Canada, but since I'd already plan my own and spent about $180 in metal I when ahead with my project :) Now the "quick coupler" is finish but since I design it using Sketchup prior to the built, I’ve decided to include a tutorial on how I did it. I'll be uploading the steps of the tutorial and some pictures I took during the build. I should mention now that my original idea came after watching “TooManyGT” youtube channel and seeing his homemade quick attach so shot out to him. I would also like to mention that all I use to build this was a 4½” grinder and a 120V small welder.
Here's Step 1 to 3 of the tutorial in pdf format and I’m posting 3 pics for step # 2 and 3 pics for step # 3.

Attachments

Last edited:

cleo101

Equipment
New Kubota LX3310
Dec 4, 2015
Here's some pics of step # 3, I will post more steps i did in the next few days :)

Now for some of you that rather follow all of this in video here the link of the first video of about 9 or 10 I have on the whole build, and I'm not done uploading them as I have modified a few things along the way :)

Any question or comments feel free to ask.

I just change the pdf pics to actual pictures :)

https://youtu.be/Ju_YvPAQ6wM

Attachments

Last edited:

cleo101

Equipment
New Kubota LX3310
Dec 4, 2015
Notes about my built so far

So I should point out a few things I've done that are not showing in the tutorial and the pics, if you look at picture "Step-4 to 6 (5a) you see the holes I had drilled in order to tack weld the plate to main pcs, well I've decided to actually drill right through the main pcs and install small nut and bolt to secure the pcs together to give it more strength. That is something I do explain in my youtuve video since I forgot to take pics of that part so yes the videos show more as I did this over a couple of days and forgot to take more pics.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You've put lots of work into this.

Are you putting a bar between the two landing pads?

cleo101

Equipment
New Kubota LX3310
Dec 4, 2015
More Pictures for following steps

Yes I'll be putting a bar in between as you will see in the next few pictures :)
this set of pics show the sides already cover but it show the start of my lip at the top to grab bucket.

I have more information for the side stuff on my youtube channel and on this video link :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J21zxMyLPDc

Attachments

cleo101

Equipment
New Kubota LX3310
Dec 4, 2015
Start of my new "quick bar" for future expansion

Here's some pics of my new "quick bar" that I will use to expand on my system.
I've already started some new forks design, a small set and a larger set that I will be able to pick up with this bar. And after that I'll have to think of future things to add on :)

Again as I mention in my earlier post, I do show a lot more details on everything on my youtube channel since its much easier to shoot a video a talk than typing all the information :)

Any questions or comments feel free to ask.

Attachments

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
I like the pin holder idea. Will be adding some of those to mine very soon. The rest of the hitch look great as well.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Why so many pin holders?
You should only ever need 2 pins.
You should never have to remove the top pins on any of the attachments?
In you video you were struggling with a way to align the pins for the keeper bolt to fit in (weld a nut on, slot the end of the pin for screwdriver).
It shouldn't be an issue, as you shouldn't have to remove the top pins ever.
If you have to for it to work then you've just wasted a ton of time and money because you are doing the same amount of work and effort as if you didn't make the QA.

cleo101

Equipment
New Kubota LX3310
Dec 4, 2015
So to answer your questions "Wolfman"

Why so many pin holders?
I have 4 pin holders because as you mention i would only need 2 if I left a set of pins with each attachments, but I figure I'll only have a few things so that way if I remove my bucket in the back of the property i can than go and pick up my forks somewhere else and my pins always stay with me :)

In you video you were struggling with a way to align the pins for the keeper bolt to fit in (weld a nut on, slot the end of the pin for screwdriver). It shouldn't be an issue, as you shouldn't have to remove the top pins ever. If you have to for it to work then you've just wasted a ton of time and money because you are doing the same amount of work and effort as if you didn't make the QA.

I know that once I have the QA on I probably won't be taking it off for a long time unless something happen or I sell the tractor or trade in, I just wanted the option to not having to fight with it when I do want to remove it since most likely I would try to buy the same size tractor and take all my newly built mods with me to the next :)

HerbP

May 27, 2017
Calgary, AB, Canada
Good Morning,

Thanks for the detailed instructions "cleo101". I want a set of pallet forks but I don't want the clamp-on variety so I think I want to make a QA bracket. I actually called my local stealership and they quoted me $511 plus tax and freight to bring it in to their shop for a B-1658 QA bracket.. So now we're talking close to $600 which is theft, near as I can tell. The cheapest I was able to find online was in Kingston, ON for $420 plus tax and shipping...

Looks like I'm building my own.

I had already envisioned using 4 steel plates with a spacer between for each bracket. A friend has a laser cutter and if I give him a CAD file, he can spit out a bunch of these if I talk to him nicely and apply whiskey lubrication.

Your tutorials are helpful in understanding the issues. Thanks.

HerbP

May 27, 2017
Calgary, AB, Canada
Nice work,
here is mine, made it last year, almost the same as yours.
I don't know if you'll see this. It's been a while since you posted. I plan to build mine very much like yours. 2 inner plates and 2 outer plates per side.

Any construction details you'd care to share?

Looks like you've got about 1/2" overlap between the plates. Also looks like you're using 1.5" tube with a .250 wall? I assume you made the upper 'ramp' (for the upper bucket pin to slide into) by cutting some tubing in half lengthwise and scabbing an extra bit of plate onto it for the top of the ramp?

Anything you'd change if you were building it again? Any 'gotchas' you encountered while building it?

This is intended to be my christmas holidays project.

Ben S

Equipment
B2620 FEL MMM mcconell swingtrim
Jan 17, 2015
Holland
I don't know if you'll see this. It's been a while since you posted. I plan to build mine very much like yours. 2 inner plates and 2 outer plates per side.

Any construction details you'd care to share?

Looks like you've got about 1/2" overlap between the plates. Also looks like you're using 1.5" tube with a .250 wall? I assume you made the upper 'ramp' (for the upper bucket pin to slide into) by cutting some tubing in half lengthwise and scabbing an extra bit of plate onto it for the top of the ramp?

Anything you'd change if you were building it again? Any 'gotchas' you encountered while building it?

This is intended to be my christmas holidays project.
Hello,

I didn't take pictures during building. (sorry):eek:

Took massive steel for the buschings and used a lathe to make them fit.
The "nose" is a piece of flat steel i welded to the half buschings.
took an angle grinder to smooth things up

would build it exact the same if i had to do it again.

much fun building yours

HerbP

May 27, 2017
Calgary, AB, Canada
One thing I'm curious about.. Why are the pins offset such that the bucket mounts higher when the QA bracket is in place than if the bucket were attached directly to the arms?

I would have expected the bucket pins to be in line with the arm pins, either horizontally or even lower as though one were to project a line down the arms to the pins on the bucket.

Ben S

Equipment
B2620 FEL MMM mcconell swingtrim
Jan 17, 2015
Holland
One thing I'm curious about.. Why are the pins offset such that the bucket mounts higher when the QA bracket is in place than if the bucket were attached directly to the arms?

I would have expected the bucket pins to be in line with the arm pins, either horizontally or even lower as though one were to project a line down the arms to the pins on the bucket.
i made it that way because the Original kubota is the same....