Buddy seat for the m6040! Should work for the 7040, 7060 and other models with the similar cabs!

Maine Farmer

Equipment
M6040, m6800, IH 1066 hydro, jd3020
Sep 5, 2021
Maine
With young kids growing up to the point they want to go “ride tractor with daddy” I searched for a buddy seat for my M6040 but there is very little online about anyone doing such a mod. Most of what I could find looked a little more like a hack job mod and I could bring my self to put one on a cab tractor that took years to save for. So far I looked and found only one type for sale saying it could fit Kubota tractors. I will say it’s worth the money to have a buddy seat added and a safer way to take the kids along. Here is a link to the buddy seat I used: Kubota Buddy Seat

CA6E3647-A780-487D-B1F4-6035D6B60816.jpeg

The only mods to the buddy seat itself was bending the steel mounting base so it matched the radius and curves of the left inner fender. You could set it in a vise and bend the mounting tabs but I used a 16“ adjustable wrench to bend the mounting tabs to match. The inner two mounting tabs took the most “tweaking”. The inner tabs I bent strait down to match the inner fender well. The best seat fitment was with the buddy seat slightly higher then the main seat of the tractor. Make sure you can shut the door without hitting the seat and make sure the seat base is level.
mark the holes with a pencil and drill through the inner and outer fenders. Four grade eight 2-1/2” bolts, washers, and self locking nuts and you have a buddy seat installed up.

I added on a seatbelt as well that turned out decent and will do a post on that too. Hope this helps out any other parents with young kids that want to ride along.

Here’s a link to my YouTube tutorial on installing the buddy seat

Reactions: 2 users