Brush-Grill guard mod for snowblower?

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
Does anyone know where I can find the modification for the brush guard when installing the snowblower subframe front mount bracket?
Manual states it must be removed but the dealer is modifying the guard to allow both to be installed at the same time.
Regards

St8 e

Equipment
B2650
Dec 11, 2018
Central PA
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moderator note- changed photo to a link.... it was blowing up folks screens.

Last edited:

eiresurg

Apr 30, 2019
Central, MN
I saw a picture with this mod on a L3560 once. You may try calling Messick's. Not sure why you'd need the brush guard on with that big blower sticking out front, though?

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
I saw a picture with this mod on a L3560 once. You may try calling Messick's. Not sure why you'd need the brush guard on with that big blower sticking out front, though?
The reason for the modification is for use with FEL, you wont have to remove the front snowblower bracket. It is a mod that allows both the brush guard and blower bracket to be installed at the same time.

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
I got this from Randy at Messicks. I wish they had a picture of the mod because I’m not quite sure which lower crossmember the mod refers to?
Is it the one at the mounting plate with the lightening holes or the next one up?
Does anyone have the snowblower on their Grand L40 with the grill guard that can post a picture?

Attachments

Last edited:

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
I'm pretty sure the part you want is L4481. Cost ~$100.
This was the only thing I can find with that number.
Got a reply from Nate at Messicks, “That L4481 kit below won’t work for you. It’s for the Grand L60 series and the new 4 point auto hitch system Kubota has.”

Attachments

Last edited: