Box Blade Land Shark for BX23s

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
Given the relatively light weight of BX's, it's pretty easy to overcome the traction limits even with a 48" blade. So while a 54" blade will give you wider passes, it's probably not going to be more efficient, in that you'll bite more shallowly before losing grip.

I use my box blade more often as ballast when doing front end loader work, and there I'm happy to have less width, given that I'm often maneuvering in close quarters.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have a 48" BB for my BX2360. Got it used second year with the tractor.

It's honestly my go-to implement for dirt work, and I don't think I've ever wanted a wider one..

I normally only have FEL on in spring and fall, between mowing and snowblowing seasons.

Except for the periodic need to lift stuff, I can do a lot of dirt moving with the BB, without the FEL.

They do take a little learning, but everything is in the length of the top link......

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
When I bought my BX2370 my dealer recommended a 48" BB. He cited the traction issue being a problem when the box is full spreading rock with a larger one.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The BX will drag either one, HOWEVER, the larger one will load you down like you wouldnt believe. You will run out of tracton long before you run out of power. My self I would not go larger than the 48, and that will load you up too. The BX is a super little machine,, notice I said LITTLE machine and will do more than you know. Just remember it is not a 988 and use it accordingly. ANd most importantly,,,have fun :D

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
I've got a 48" as well on my BX23S, and it does very, very well. My property was heavily brushed/wooded and I had a mulcher come through to clear it all to ground level, and I'm using the backhoe for stumps and BB for roots & grading/levelling. I take it slow because the stumps that are still there will stop the BB in its tracks but it's working great for everything else.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
I managed to pick up a JD box blade for a good price, it was heavy duty and I believe it was 54". Could not do much with it before the tractor lost traction. Ended up doing an even trade for a 48" land pride blade. It works much better on my BX23.

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
Thank You all for your responses!!!
I am really glad I asked, because I would of ordered a 54"
Your insight saved me $$$

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
My BX23S has a 60" box blade on it and will drag a full load with ease!

Ballast in front is key.

Even used it while skimming with the front bucket a few times!

The 5 footer covers my tire tracks nicely.

Low range and 4 wheel drive!

If traction becomes an issue put weight in the front bucket!

I find it hard to believe folks are having traction issues Ive never had a problem, but I always leave the loader on???

The difference in a 48 and 54 are only 3 inches more on each side! Maybe its the type of soil or tires giving traction problems?

Good luck to you!

A box blade is a great implement!

Last edited: