Bought another L2250

kubotal2250

Jan 31, 2021
canada
I bought another L2250 for a steal at a local auction one thing I noticed when I got it home was it seems to be leaking oil from both front wheels on the front differential. I noticed that on my first tractor there is what looks like a 4 inch black plastic breather tube threaded into the one side of the differential and on the one I just bought it is a solid plug. Would this be the issue ? Just a thought as if it is a vent and it's blocked the oil might no elsewhere.

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
That could be the cause of the leakage, although you wouldn't think it would leak on both sides if it was just from pressuring up. But it wouldn't hurt to install even some kind of temporary vent, clean it up good, make sure the oil is clean and full, and run it for awhile and see if the leaks quit.
If not, it's seal time.

kubotal2250

Jan 31, 2021
canada
That could be the cause of the leakage, although you wouldn't think it would leak on both sides if it was just from pressuring up. But it wouldn't hurt to install even some kind of temporary vent, clean it up good, make sure the oil is clean and full, and run it for awhile and see if the leaks quit.
If not, it's seal time.
Are the seals an expensive and difficult job to do? I'm planning on keeping this tractor and selling the other one as this one has half the hours on it and brand new tires all around