gsdavis1

Equipment
B6000
Aug 24, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
I bought a new B6000 today.

You can view the pictures here

http://community.webshots.com/album/574325322aFdPaO

I was wondering if anyone had information on finding some online free manuals. Also, I do not know what the extra hydro valve is for. It looks like it used to have a front plow or something.

Also what is the light for above the key switch. It only comes on when the engine is not running.

Also it looks like the linkage to pull the valve shutoff (engine shutdown) thing is missing. and the light switch will need replaced. Are these available?

The glow plug light doesnt burn either.

Thanks

Greg

Last edited:

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi Greg

The B6000 is probably the best tractor kubota ever made:D :p Its a full on Kubota and you can get them dirt cheap as the PTO spins backwards which puts most people off. They run slashers and their rotary hoes really well and the only problem with the pto occurs if you want to run posthole diggers etc. Also they aren't grey market so you can go to your local Kubota dealer and get all the parts for them, unlike the 6001, 7001 models.

I dis-agree however with Vic and I think you will find that light is actually an oil pressure light. It should be off when the engine runs and will only come on if there is an oil pressure problem when the engine is running. So yours seems to be working fine. There are operational and parts manuals available on the web - see some of my old posts for links and also this tractor is very similar to the B6100 so also look for these manuals.

Anyway the B6000 is a pretty tough little tractor you should have good fun with it. I really enjoy mine. The fact thats its older than me is pretty amazing and its still going strong!

Cheers John

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Greg

Here is the link for the manuals http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/
The B6100 operator manual will be close to the b6000.
Also the engine shut off lever is actually a decompression lever and shouldn't be used for turning off the engine. See some of my earlier posts. I have actually removed my lever also and don't use it. It seems to be prone to failure so unless you live in a really cold climate you may not really need it.

Cheers John

gsdavis1

Equipment
B6000
Aug 24, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
Thanks for the replies guys. I think the light may be oil pressure too.

How do you shut down the engine if you dont use the lever on the valve cover?

And are you saying that the pto can run a mower or tiller?

Greg

gsdavis1

Equipment
B6000
Aug 24, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
The owners manual in the link above does not download properly for me. The parts manual was fine.

Does anyone know how much voltage should be at the glow plugs when they are on. Mine are reading 8-10 volts

Greg

John C

Equipment
B7100D, LMC Clipper 400, LMC 4ft Box Blade, NorTrac 47" Tiller
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
Not sure if you were aware but the glow plug indicator is not actually a light! it is actually a heating element that will glow red when the glow plugs are hot enough on my B7100 this usually takes 30-45 seconds of preheating depending on ambient temp. it can also double as a cigarette lighter if you happen to need a light while preheating LOL.

gsdavis1

Equipment
B6000
Aug 24, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
Shouldnt these plugs be getting a full 12v? Mine only get about 8-10v. In fact there is only 11v going to the indicator when when the switch is engaged

Greg

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi Greg

To turn off the B6000 just idle right down until it cuts out.

Yes the b6000 will have plenty of grunt to run up to a 4 foot slasher - about 3.6 ft is perfect as it covers wheel widith. It also runs the S850 rotary hoe really well which is 3ft wide.

You can buy two new glow plugs off ebay ( about $16 each) if they are faulty.

Cheers John

gsdavis1

Equipment
B6000
Aug 24, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
TopGear

Have you modified implements to work with the reverse rotation pto. Or are you using Kubota reverse rotation pto equipment

Greg

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Greg

The S850 rotary hoe was designed to run on the B6000 so no modification needed.

Any slasher will connect to the B6000 no modification needed - just that its a size that allows you to connect the 3 point linkage - Cat 1. You will need to buy an adaptor though that converts your 10 or 18 spline pto shaft to the standard 6 spline 1 3/8 dia. shaft see http://www.bareco.com.au/files/pto2002/pto8.htm these are around $70 AUD - you should be able to source them in the US.
The slasher rotation will be in the opposite direction so you may need to either flip the cutting blades over or shapen the back of them if needed - really simple. If you want to put a pto clutch on it then again you will need to make sure its for reverse rotation.
There are heaps and heaps of b6000 running slashers right across the world - do a google picture search to see a few.

So thats why I think the B6000 is the best Kubota ever made. If you are marginally handly its really easy to fit anything to these really - yet it really puts people off who are not mechanically minded or have no idea what a tractor is so they tend to go really cheap.
I was actually going to build a pto reverser but at the end of the day I haven't come across anything yet I could get to work in reverse that I needed.

Also go back over older posts here as there is a lot of info on the B6000.

Hope this helps.

Cheers John

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Howdy, well you came to the right place these guys are great to help. I also just got a new (old) B6000 but your really looks great and you have all the parts with it, I'm finding I'm missing a few things but it just makes life fun.

I'm going to be doing a number of things this winter to fix my B6000 like a clutch, maybe a engine over haul and paint so it will look more like yours.

I'm not a 100% on the engine overhaul yet because it runs like a champ but a few signs that there is some wear. They call these a Beast and they work like one just never stops and for only 12.5 hp they have a big heart and will try to do just about anything.

Oh did I mention a ROP they do have a bit of tilt to them and for safety a ROP would be a good thing. For me we have a lot of woods and slops so for sure I'm going to install one beside it's a good place to add work lights.

Well good luck and I'll be watching your Posts to see what you find and if I come up with anything I'll pass it on. One last thing don't buy any wax from Topgun (see his pictures) it doesn't do the job.....:D Jerry

John C

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
Greg,
The glow plugs along with the indicator are basicly resistive heaters and as such load the electrical system a good bit. My glow plugs in my B7100 checked 9.5 Volts while heating and as I said earlier after preheating for about 30-45 seconds you can see the element in the indicator just start to glow (not easy to see in bright sunshine)! If your tractor is anything like mine, if the glow plugs arent working it wont start! (at least not easily!) and if they are working it's easy to start! When I first bought my tractor I didn't think mine were working until I tried to start it cold without preheat. then it was obvious that they were working! I just wasn't preheating long enough to see the indicator glow, and as I said it's a very weak glow! Hope this helps!
John

gsdavis1

Equipment
B6000
Aug 24, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
Thanks for all the info guys.

How does a tiller work on these TopGear. Do you have to switch the tines around?

Regading the glow plugs, I think they would work a lot better (and faster) if they were getting a full 12v.

Greg

gsdavis1

Equipment
B6000
Aug 24, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
I just checked my pto speeds a few minutes ago with my digital tachometer

Here are the speeds 482...795...1241

Engine rpm's (full throttle) was 2450rpm

The reason I am checking this out is because there are pto reversers on the market but some of them also reduce the speed. Just trying to see if one would work.

Greg

John C

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
Greg,
I've been pondering the glow plug voltage issue and I'm wondering if the indicator may be wired in series with the glow plugs? this would account for the reduced voltage reading at the glow plug terminals. The glow plugs themselves are wired in parallel. I have two wiring diagrams suposedly both for B7100 but they are quite different from one another, the one thing that they both agree on is the glow plug wiring and unless I miss my guess (quite possible neither diagram has a contact map for the ignition switch) the indicator is in series!

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia