blocked dpf filter on svl90-2

jeff22

Oct 27, 2021
tennessee
I had a E.9107 inlet air pressure error on my svl90-2 steer. I cleaned the air intake and checked the electrical connection of the air pressure sensor on mounted upstream in the intake. Everything looks ok but error never cleared the error. Like an idiot, i kept using the machine. I thought it was going into regen, unfortunately it did not, now it is in limp mode with a clogged filter. Is this something i can clean myself? or am i stuck with the dealer service? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The dealer can force a regen with the scan tool, you don’t necessarily have to replace it at this point.

jeff22

Oct 27, 2021
tennessee
ouch, i feared this. Just curious, what does the dealer have that is unavailable to the public to fix this problem? Do errors clear out of ecu when problem is fixed, or does it take a dealer with special permissions. Thanks again.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
....what does the dealer have that is unavailable to the public to fix this problem?...
Software / Program... to talk to the computer.

Let me step up on my soapbox... At this point, you don't own the machine since YOU can not fix the machine. (Just like many John Deere's) where the only one that can fix it is company that owns the software, which is not available to anyone outside of the company.

Be glad that Kubota doesn't link (as in serial numbers) that have to match what's inside the computer before it will work... so that aftermarket parts will not work. (well, not yet anyway....) stepping off my box.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The diagnostic equipment is available to the public, but the associated costs probably isn’t feasible for a single machine owner.

https://www.kubotausa.com/images/default-source/parts-products/kobd-ace.png View attachment 68543
One of the few (only) out there but BMW released their entire dagnostic and programming suite free to the public over a decade ago. I even have a scaled down version on this Android phone and a cable in my car. Dealer software anywhere any time.

<nomax=on>
Personally I would back laws making it mandatory for all OEMs
</nomax>

Dan

Reactions: 2 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Not saying it will work for you, but it worked for my Ford Truck a few years ago.

Any way, my truck refused to go into regen and went into limp mode. Wouldn’t have been a problem except I was in the middle of Idaho on a holiday weekend and there were mountains in the way on my trip back home. Any way, I knew that Power Service Diesel Kleen has Cetane boost. I bought two 64 oz bottles and the nearest town and added that to the tank. In 20 miles or so, the regen happened, and all was well. If you don’t know, more Cetane means hotter combustion.

So, it might be worth a try to add and extreme amount of Grey Bottle Power Service Diesel Kleen and see if you can get it to go into regen if it’s usable. It will either work, or be about 40 dollars wasted if you went with 2 bottles.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The diagnostic equipment is available to the public, but the associated costs probably isn’t feasible for a single machine owner.
Kubota KIT,KOBD ACE(AG) 07916-81102

that is really cool! esp for a local repair shop or owner with a few machines. $2k isnt nothing but it's not like $10k+ dealership money either

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

that is really cool! esp for a local repair shop or owner with a few machines. $2k isnt nothing but it's not like $10k+ dealership money either
I would be very tempted BUT I am not clear on what that $2k gets you. KOBD ACE (AG) is only one of the items listed in the link and there is no mention of the base license or the hardware.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

The subscription fee is likely a yearly thing as well (haven’t looked into it much as I don’t personally need it) I don’t know the exact charge for our diagnostic software at work, but want to say its around $1000 a year per laptop. I can’t see it being worth it for personal use.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The subscription fee is likely a yearly thing as well (haven’t looked into it much as I don’t personally need it) I don’t know the exact charge for our diagnostic software at work, but want to say its around $1000 a year per laptop. I can’t see it being worth it for personal use.
I found the DST-i link with software of some variety listed on Amazon for $3500. Again not clear what if any license that included. The words "ready for activation" lead me to believe you need to purchase that separately.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I found the DST-i link with software of some variety listed on Amazon for $3500. Again not clear what if any license that included. The words "ready for activation" lead me to believe you need to purchase that separately.

Dan
most likely, and its likely an annual charge.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
most likely, and its likely an annual charge.
Messicks prices:

07916-81000 - KOBD ACE license - $2,158
07916-81112 - KOBD ACE Diagnostic Software (excludes M7/M8) -- $1,500
1J574-90014 - DST-i Kubota specific network interface cable and connectors - $1,109

Windows PC required to run software.

So for a mere $4767 you too can be fixing Kubota tractors. License appears to be a one time charge but you likely have to buy or subscribe to software and data updates as new machines and software revisions roll out. A sales droid can probably find the answer that question if pressed.

Not at all horrible if you are in the tractor repair business but a little steep for a guy with an L01 or Grand L that just wants to service it himself. Of course I have never actually paid a dealer to do that so if and when I do I might find out differently.

TOH

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
you can buy the stuff if you want to....

yea the license "key" changes.

this stuff is exactly why service costs as much as it does!! t'wasn't uncommon for the techs to have to buy some of it since the dealer didn't want to, or couldn't afford to. I had to buy a lot of stuff on my own and when I left I took it home with me. software/hardware I did buy some of that but left it there. I also bought a few ECU's that I used for testing purposes. I want to say it was about $2700 worth total. I left a lot of that there too and could use at least one of the ecu's right now to test a customer's machine with.

SOMETIMES you can force a regen. If soot level is 4.5+ it won't, removal and cleaning necessary, and after that is done there are several changes that have to be done in the ecu

occasionally the dealer can bring laptop to job site and have a look-see. Prepare to pay them a service call fee, and possibly transportation fee if they have to haul it in. In those cases you might ask about the costs before you tell them to come out.

it's not just kubota either. cat deere komatsu liebherr, Kawasaki, all similar deal.

nothing is inexpensive when it comes to construction equipment, and we gotta ask ourselves, if it costs XXX much to fix our equipment, how are we gonna pay for it? Charge more for the services we offer....which means the consumer pays more. I could get political with it but I think I'll keep it to myself. For once!

Reactions: 3 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
It’s really too bad that consumers can’t force a regen on the newer diesels. It would solve so many problems.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
It’s really too bad that consumers can’t force a regen on the newer diesels. It would solve so many problems.
Clamp off the lead sensing hose to the dpf = filter 100%...

As far as the clogged filter, If a regen cant be made, there are off the shelf soaks for the carbon removal. A good blast with a pressure washer can do the same thing. Just be careful the matrix is brittle so use caution.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
when you "force" a regen with unconventional methods, you also force the ecu to "learn" a time interval. Basically what that means is that if you pinch off the differential pressure sensor and "tell" the ecu that the dpf is "plugged", it will (1) set a code, (2) decrease the amount of time between this and the next regen, and (3) the ecu "learns" the soot level improperly. None of those instances is a good thing.

On cleaning with pressure washer. It don't get all of it out, and it don't reset the time interval, and it don't reset the soot level, and it don't clear the trouble code(s).

Yes I agree it's unfortunate that owners can't do the stuff, but the government doesn't want you to have the ability to. Not everyone knows what they're doing and emissions can be affected because of it. Might sound political, but it's the truth.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
when you "force" a regen with unconventional methods, you also force the ecu to "learn" a time interval. Basically what that means is that if you pinch off the differential pressure sensor and "tell" the ecu that the dpf is "plugged", it will (1) set a code, (2) decrease the amount of time between this and the next regen, and (3) the ecu "learns" the soot level improperly. None of those instances is a good thing.
I don’t know if any of this was directed toward my post or not. Fwiw, I’m not suggesting do it with an unconventional means. I was saying that manufacturers should provide an option to do it. If the dealer software can do it, the user should be able to.

I’m not sure why you are saying the government is to blame, but if you have a reference, I’d love to read it. Sure, they are the blame for forcing DPFs to be added. Maybe you are thinking government thinks end users would be running around doing manual regens for fun. I guess it’s possible, but not probable.

At the end of the day, there are far too many different ways to use equipment/vehicles that produces infinite variables for the people programming the DPF software. I don’t think they can ever get it perfect which is ok, so make it possible for the end user to start over without a dealer trip.