Blade??

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Which Blade tilt or maybe a rake??

I have been looking for a blade for my B6000 not a box blade but one I can use for snow and to keep up roads and such. I read about the road work and I think that is what I maybe looking for to get. But here in New Hampshire we have rocks lots of rocks and sand which is good and easy but the rocks can vary in size from small to bigger than my tractor, those I don't worry about the good Lord put them there and there they will stay. But would a 4' to 5' blade be OK with them or do I need to get a rake also? I would like to only spend what I have to so I can get a brush hog type cutter and being a B6000 that turns in its own direction a reverser if I can find one some day. What would be a good price for a blade? Tractor Supply has them for about $370 to $400, MB Tractor (our Kubota dealer) a Woods for $500. I seen some on Tractorhouse.com at good price but shipping would be spendy.

What do you all think or advise??

Thanks, Jerry:)

Last edited:

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
About the blade, I just purchased one, made in PRC (China) for $300 Canadian. Fortunately, the importer is across the street from the local Kubota dealer.

I went with 4', see the discussion in 'small scale road building' in this section. This one has 5 position angle, and is reversible. It has 3 position tilt, which means level, or either right or left side down. I had to do a bit of work to get it to play nicely with the 3 point hitch and narrow track of the B7001

For the brush cutter, I was advised that you can run them backwards if you mess with the blades. A new 40" unit from the same supplier runs $800, That one is on my "Santa" list.

Another option is a Bush Hog unit, 40" to 72", with its own gas motor, simply tow behind. But that is a bit expensive.

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Re: Blade?? Thanks

Stuart,

Thanks for the information and I agree the 4' is going what I'm for and the one I'm looking at is also red now if I can get it for $300.00 it would be perfect:D. Yes I did read your other Post on the road building a lot of good information as always on this group. Thanks again I'll let you know my progress.

Oh my wife agrees with you it should be orange so if I get the red one also I'll be painting....:rolleyes:

Jerry