bh92 backhoe doesnt work with kubota L6060

WVUFAN

Oct 19, 2019
Charleston, WV, USA
I have an older bh92 backhoe and when I hooked the hydraulic hoses up to my new L6060, the backhoe didn’t function. Any and all help is appreciated. My former L3240 operated the backhoe just fine. Thanks

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have an older bh92 backhoe and when I hooked the hydraulic hoses up to my new L6060, the backhoe didn’t function. Any and all help is appreciated. My former L3240 operated the backhoe just fine. Thanks
Are you connecting BH92 lines to factory rear remotes on the L6060?

Do you have one or two rear remotes?

What are you doing with the rear remote control lever once the hoe lines are connected?

Dave

WVUFAN

Oct 19, 2019
Charleston, WV, USA
I hooked it up the same way as my old L3240. One hose from the backhoe to the fixed return port on the tractor and the other hose from the backhoe to the supply hose from the tractor.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
I hooked it up the same way as my old L3240. One hose from the backhoe to the fixed return port on the tractor and the other hose from the backhoe to the supply hose from the tractor.
Are you moving any control lever on the tractor once the lines are connected?

Does the rear of your L6060 have the rear ports labelled A, B, C & D?

forum L6060 remote.jpg

The info on the attached pdf will become very important as we narrow in on what is going wrong.

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
backhoe requires full flow. As long as the engine's running, there needs to be flow. Thus, your 3rd function is not going to work. Also any rear remote valves are not going to work. On the L6060 you have to remove a tube connector under the seat, then put a hose on each end of the open tubes. One hose goes to the BH inlet, the other hose to the BH outlet. Thus, it will have constant flow. The rear remotes do not have constant flow unless you rig a bungee strap or something to hold the lever, which is dumb. For one, the valve may be a float detent, meaning if you hold it all the way in one direction, no flow (allows an implement to float). Just makes it a pain in the neck to deal with unless you have the right stuff. See if you can get the dealer to send you some bh92 assemby instructions; you will see what fittings you need and where they go.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Post a picture showing how you have it hooked up. Some take it you hooked to the rear remotes, sounds to me that you have it hooked right but having problems with flow.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
This is how I hooked up my L3240, which worked fine. I simply unplugged the tractor connection and plugged in the two hose from the backhoe.
The hose from the backhoe goes to the tractor and the hose from the tractor connects to the backhoe. Both must be connected to work or there will be damage to the pump.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
I have these ports but they have never been used.
For some owners the backhoe hydraulic connection seems simple. Likely because, either at the factory or at the dealer, a power beyond loop exists to power the BH. This is why, when the BH is removed, there must be a loop of hose connecting the two rear BH ports back together thus maintaining the power beyond loop.

With the L6060, the owner does NOT have a power beyond loop at the rear of the tractor to connect into. He tried the third function but this did not work.

Both Lugbolt and Whitetiger have provided the proper solution which would see the tractor's power beyond loop extended to the rear of the L6060 by following the procedures in the BH92 installation manual for the connection of the hydraulic lines.

Alternatively, I think a pair of rear remotes will work if the the remote outlet's control lever is held into an operating position with a banjo strap. This is not an elegant solution but will allow the owner to see how well the L6060 works with his existing BH.

If the L6060 has more than one rear remote pair then care must be used in choosing the ones to use as one pair has a float function which will not provide power to the BH.

Remotes A & B from the illustration of the remotes in my earlier post will work.

If remote lever #1 is held forward then port A becomes the supply to the BH and port B becomes the return from the BH valve.

Dave

Last edited:

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
That looks like the set up that I have, just take the hose from the tractor and hook to the backhoe and the hose from the backhoe to the connector. If it doesn't work then there is a flow problem. Possible air lock? Collapsed hose? Might want to check with the dealer.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
WVUFAN, haven't heard how you made out with your BH. Hope things have worked out.