BH92 Backhoe and L4701 w/sub-frame BH4946 wrong hydraulic lines

drgto

Equipment
L4701 w/BH92
Nov 13, 2021
PA
Well I picked up my BH92 for my L4701 tractor and it did come with a 5gal bucket that included the hydraulic lines.

However, both lines are too short. The outlet line is only about 4' and connects to the port under the step near the filter on RH side.

The inlet line is only about 3' long. Yet it need to run all the way to the loader Power beyond port. Never going to happen.

A friend told me to by the aux hydraulic kit for $500 and mount under the loader controls and then simply run two lines straight back for backhoe.

Seem like a lot over just buying new or making lines up that are longer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Well I picked up my BH92 for my L4701 tractor and it did come with a 5gal bucket that included the hydraulic lines.

However, both lines are too short. The outlet line is only about 4' and connects to the port under the step near the filter on RH side.

The inlet line is only about 3' long. Yet it need to run all the way to the loader Power beyond port. Never going to happen.

A friend told me to by the aux hydraulic kit for $500 and mount under the loader controls and then simply run two lines straight back for backhoe.

Seem like a lot over just buying new or making lines up that are longer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
I know nothing about that hoe but this doesn't sound like rocket science. I suspect the two hoses you have are the ones that stay on the hoe when it is dismounted.. You need two additional hoses that come rearward from the hydraulic block / loader valve and stay on the tractor. Quick couplers are used to connect the hoses on the hoe to the ones on the tractor. Here is a parts diagram. When the hoe is dismounted the hoses on the tractor get looped together - e.g male tip #70 gets connected to female coupler #40. You can roll your own or purchase the whole goods hose kit for your tractor from a dealer.

I do know a little about the remote valve kits and I don't see how they would help. The 3 hydraulic connections are all made internally through the adapter block that mounts the valves to the side of the transmission.

Dan

BH92HoseKit.png

Last edited:

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
I may have the hoses you need. Let me check. I bought a bh92 and installed on a grand l series. The two l01 hoses were not used on my application. Did you at least get the fitting elbows, quick connects/dust covers, and part #20? If my memory serves you should have gotten 3-4 hoses not just two.