BH77 seat

bluestang

Equipment
B2650
Jan 11, 2021
BC Canada
I have a 2020 B2650 with the BH77 on it. I find it a pain in the rear to constantly turn the seat around when moving from one digging position to another. I'm not that big and I'm wondering if anyone has added the seat that mounts to the backhoe? And how that has worked for them?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I have a 2020 B2650 with the BH77 on it. I find it a pain in the rear to constantly turn the seat around when moving from one digging position to another. I'm not that big and I'm wondering if anyone has added the seat that mounts to the backhoe? And how that has worked for them?
not familiar with the tractor but I don’t believe it will fit on the b series without hitting the seat. I recall @dirtydeed i think it was looking at the subframe spacers for the cab model to push the hoe out to make room for the seperate seat. You would also need to get the shorter control handles

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

On the BX25D is about the same ..... I too got tired of getting off turning seat around, moving 5 feet and repeat.

SO - I cheated ...... I have a 3 foot stick I have strapped near easy reach - the safety police are gonna love this next part...... I have the SEAT movement switch locked down with a zip tie !!!!!

I get the hoe in the spot, DO NOT lock the brake on, and lower the FEL bucket, and then dig - once I hit my mark I spin around, grab the stick, raise the FEL and then take my 3' stick and push down on the HST pedal.... creep forward, lower FEL and go back to digging.

NOW this works well on somewhat level ground .... not sure I would try on a pitched grade either way!

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
On the BX25D is about the same ..... I too got tired of getting off turning seat around, moving 5 feet and repeat.

SO - I cheated ...... I have a 3 foot stick I have strapped near easy reach - the safety police are gonna love this next part...... I have the SEAT movement switch locked down with a zip tie !!!!!

I get the hoe in the spot, DO NOT lock the brake on, and lower the FEL bucket, and then dig - once I hit my mark I spin around, grab the stick, raise the FEL and then take my 3' stick and push down on the HST pedal.... creep forward, lower FEL and go back to digging.

NOW this works well on somewhat level ground .... not sure I would try on a pitched grade either way!
You would need the subframe extensions that are used on the cabbed models.
Plus the jump seat and seat stand.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I have the same set up. I did not have them install the flip around seat, had them leave the comfy original seat as is. I bought a used BH77 seat and mounted it in the holes that are on the existing subframe. Lined up fine, I did not buy any extra subframe extensions. Works great for me. One of these years I'll figure out how to post pics from my phone.

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020

I had that same thought, then realized I could just pick up outriggers and use the BH to push tractor forward.

Reactions: 1 user

Kubota Paul

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2018
Lions Head On. Canada
I have a B2650 with the cab. The backhoe has its own seat. My issue is when I need to move tractor I have to get off seat and get into Cab to move the tractor. This Ok when you have another person working with you that can move the tractor. Not so good when you are alone. Would use the stick idea but with the back window I cannot . Years ago I borrowed a small Kubota with a backhoe. It had controls on the fender that was tied into other controls so you could move the tractor without getting off the rear seat. Don't think they offer this now because of the safety police

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
923D605C-50D0-4EE3-B9F1-F2A497BE60AB.jpeg

Here is a pic of the extension. It sets the mounting pins about 10” further back. I have an LX2610
Not sure if you need the extensions if you don’t have a cab.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I have the same set up. I did not have them install the flip around seat, had them leave the comfy original seat as is. I bought a used BH77 seat and mounted it in the holes that are on the existing subframe. Lined up fine, I did not buy any extra subframe extensions. Works great for me. One of these years I'll figure out how to post pics from my phone.
Freeheeler, I'd sure like to see those pics! If I understand correctly, your extra seat stays mounted behind the main seat even when the backhoe is removed.

Does the 2nd seat get in the way of any 3 pt. arms, equipment or their operation?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I've gotten pretty good at using the backhoe to push the tractor around, in small increments, anyway. Spinning the seat for bigger lateral moves goes fairly quickly by now that I'm used to it, not more than 10-15 seconds from seated to seated. If it's a straight back drive required, I'll often stand in front of the steering wheel to drive it, leave the seat facing backwards.

marrmanu

Equipment
B2620 3pt chipper, box blade, post hole auger, custom 3pt chain box with hooks h
Jan 16, 2021
usa
I have a B2620 with BH65.
Seems even if you get a rear facing seat you will still have to pick up the stabilizers get off get on and then move the tractor get off get on, etc. Is reversing the seat really going to save that much time verses cost? On my B2620 I rotate the seat as I am moving between positions, but it may not be that easy on your setup.
If I am going to be doing something quick (moving logs) with the BH I just turn in the forward facing seat and operate the BH from that position.
My property has slopes and dips. I like the the setup on the B2620 as it minimizes the angel of departure or approach which ever way you are traveling.
I am not a big man either and find climbing on and off the BH65 kinda tight and I am always concerned about catching the dipper/bucket control on my clothing. On my setup I would be concerned about reducing the space in which to get on and off with a second seat. A cut out system would have been nice to mitigate this concern. Maybe the newer systems have this safety feature.

Enjoy your new machine:)

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Freeheeler, I'd sure like to see those pics! If I understand correctly, your extra seat stays mounted behind the main seat even when the backhoe is removed.

Does the 2nd seat get in the way of any 3 pt. arms, equipment or their operation?
No, it's bolted onto the BH subframe. There were 4 holes in it already and the seat bolted right up to those holes. The BH drops off like normal and there is nothing remaining to interfere with the 3pt use.

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
809C3EDE-75D6-430F-9498-EE6B4B114E6D.jpeg

FA8D46FF-D2CF-4BBA-A5CF-EDB7F39E0B8A.jpeg

The seat is bolted to the backhoe frame, not the subframe on the tractor.

just for clarity

Reactions: 1 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Fordtech, do you have a part number for the seat stick? I can’t find it and they gave me a bh70 owners manual
This is the best I could come up with. If you go to the German bliss site and search bh77.
then go down to operators platform group. Ill try to link it straight to page.

I don’t see where the list a complete assembly though, looks like only the individual pieces. No prices listed either, says to call.

46882298-4160-4E24-B52F-4C9D9C2BD826.png