BH77 Backhoe on L3901 question

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
I've ordered a L3901 with the subframe & 4in1 bucket fel and was going to order the backhoe in the next month or 2 after my shed's ready (scaling out shed to see what size is best).
I'm trying to see if I should plan on space for the backhoe attached or keeping on tractor. Would the tractor be impaired, in any way, if the backhoe stays attached to the tractor structurally or operationally?
I'm thinking this would be the easiest way to store the tractor plus would save space but if it's not recommended, I won't keep it attached. I plan on keeping the bucket on as permanent.

I've never had something like this before so my apologies if it's a noob question.

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
I don't think it would be an issue leaving it on, but it makes using the 3PT lift tough:eek::p:D:D

most of the people i know of put them on when they will be using them, well because most of the guys i know that have the use their PTO and lift more than they use their hoe

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
I don't think it would be an issue leaving it on, but it makes using the 3PT lift tough:eek::p:D:D

most of the people i know of put them on when they will be using them, well because most of the guys i know that have the use their PTO and lift more than they use their hoe
I'll be doing some grading & brush hog so I will need to take it off for this. Was thinking g of saving some space in the shed.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Mine stays on almost full time. It provides great counter weight for the loader. Also...with a BH it is almost impossible to get stuck...when snow plowing if I get hi sided, the BH can pull me out.

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
Mine stays on almost full time. It provides great counter weight for the loader. Also...with a BH it is almost impossible to get stuck...when snow plowing if I get hi sided, the BH can pull me out.
I was thinking the BH would provide more support & this my first year on my property & hear it snows alot so this is good to know. How much space does it take up in your shed with fel, bucket, & BH attached?