BH70 backhoe trouble...

13grizzly

Equipment
B2601, loader, backhoe, snowblower, tiller, grapple, tree ripper, pallet forks
May 22, 2018
wausau,wi.
Has anyone else had a dipper arm with the upper pivot plates welded out of alinement? I had rubbed a hole through one of my hydraulic lines and had to pull the upper boom pin out to access the hose when I noticed the lower end of the dripper cylinder didnt slip out of place. When I pulled the cylinder up from its mounting point it jumped over one inch. When I started looking at the upper end of the cylinder I noticed the pivot holes in the mounting plates are missalined. Wich in fact makes the curl cylinder also misalined by a half inch. In my oppion this is a manufacturing mistake. I'm trying to get a rep to look at it. I dont have a lot of hours on the backhoe but I'm sure that time with this much side load on the cylinder it will self distruct and I will end up bying two new cylinders. I hoping Kubota will give me a new dipper because I have no intention of paying $500 for a new one. And no its not bent. LOL

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You said:

Has anyone else had a dipper arm with the upper pivot plates welded out of alinement? I had rubbed a hole through one of my hydraulic lines and had to pull the upper boom pin out to access the hose when I noticed the lower end of the dripper cylinder didnt slip out of place. When I pulled the cylinder up from its mounting point it jumped over one inch. When I started looking at the upper end of the cylinder I noticed the pivot holes in the mounting plates are missalined. Wich in fact makes the curl cylinder also misalined by a half inch.

Confused by your description...you only mention pulling the upper pin on the dipper, apparently the cylinder pin? IF so, the lower dipper cylinder would still have the pin in place, and would not move... Did you type lower but really mean upper?

13grizzly

Equipment
May 22, 2018
wausau,wi.
The first picture is the upper boom cylinder pin in place, the second picture the pin is out and you can see how the cylinder hangs to the left. The two mounting plates at the upper dipper pivot holes are misallined about 1/8". How the guys assembling this thing thought this was ok is beyond me!

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
I had a different misalignment problem with a BT1000b backhoe. I bought a new, in the crate BT1000b to put on my L47 TL. When I went to mount it to the tractor I found that the mounting pin holes were misaligned by about 1/4 inch. (You couldn't install the mounting pins in the backhoe even with it detached from the tractor.) It wasn't bent, it was built that way.
I returned the unit to Kubota. They replaced it with a new unit which works fine.
100_1617.JPG

Attachments

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The first picture is the upper boom cylinder pin in place, the second picture the pin is out and you can see how the cylinder hangs to the left. The two mounting plates at the upper dipper pivot holes are misallined about 1/8". How the guys assembling this thing thought this was ok is beyond me!
I believe that the stick (dipper) cylinder, not the boom cylinder...

It certainly is not a correct situation.

Edit: I get what you are saying now, calling that cylinder the "Upper boom cylinder" since it is on the boom. But generally I think the three cylinders are called, Boom, Stick(or dipper) and bucket cylinders...Which avoids confusion when referring to one rather than another... :)

Reactions: 1 user

13grizzly

Equipment
May 22, 2018
wausau,wi.
I believe that the stick (dipper) cylinder, not the boom cylinder...

It certainly is not a correct situation.

Edit: I get what you are saying now, calling that cylinder the "Upper boom cylinder" since it is on the boom. But generally I think the three cylinders are called, Boom, Stick(or dipper) and bucket cylinders...Which avoids confusion when referring to one rather than another... :)
Sorry I ment to say the upper end of the boom cylinder.

13grizzly

Equipment
May 22, 2018
wausau,wi.
I wonder if you disconnect the bucket cylinder if those bushings are true?
It's hard to know with out a blue print of the hole locations. I think it's just the side plates are welded out of alinment.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
It's hard to know with out a blue print of the hole locations. I think it's just the side plates are welded out of alinment.
I was just thinking if the plates were installed wrong, the bucket cylinder is probably in a bind also.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
My new BH70 might have the same issue, I'll know more when I remove some pins. The boom and stick collide, at full extension, at one side of that U-shaped opening. Between the amature assembly by the dealer and wrong or faulty parts, my backhoe is not even usable. I expected better.

Reactions: 1 user

13grizzly

Equipment
May 22, 2018
wausau,wi.
Well it's been over a mounth now and my dealer has contacted the rep and he put in for a replacement part but the Kubota warranty system just kicks out the request. Kubota system just says out of warraty. It's funny how difficult it is to talk to a real person. I will try to contact someone at Kubota directly. :-(