BH 77 Pin breaking

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Has any one had any trouble with the pin that attaches the main boom and dipper stick boom cylinders breaking? Thanks for any thoughts.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Are they breaking the same place every time? Like where grease fitting goes.
I find it difficult to imagine that pin breaking, it should withstand anything you can do to it and then some. Unless its from backing into something while driving tractor.

Had a trailer that was snapping axles, they were bolt in stubs. Every time they sheared at grease fitting. Had a machinist crank out four new ones,without grease hole and never broke one since.cheaper than factory replacements i might add.

Perhaps pin material is too hard. But too soft and they bend, then impossible to remove.

It may help to know what type of work you are dong with tractor, perhaps other bh77 owners may chime in.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Lot of older info on tractorbynet about this, but also recently someone has had the problem, so not sure if their new pins have solved the issue or not. Check your serial numbers per tractorbynet thread

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Lot of older info on tractorbynet about this, but also recently someone has had the problem, so not sure if their new pins have solved the issue or not. Check your serial numbers per tractorbynet thread
I remember a lot of TBN threads on the dipper cylinders bending, not the Jesus pin breaking.

Can you link to the thread your talking about?

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I thought it was good to go and by serial number it is. I saw the new post that a 4??? serial just broke 3 pins on TBN. Wanted to see if anyone here had any experience. Hope I don't regret selling the Woods to get the Kubota.