Beware of of the "latest and greatest" scam

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The IRS is 2 years behind just looking at normal tax returns, so there is no way that they are ever going to figure out the latest grab of our money that the Biden administration has put forward. Massachusetts required 1099 from eBay for sales over $600 for a number of years and just this year, the rest of the states are now getting them. The way that this country is going, in the future, people will be required to get banking information when selling you something at a yard sale.
I know of a case where the wife stole the husband's entire retirement account, and according to the forensic accountant, committed multiple felonies, but the Justice Department refuses to prosecute the case since they are in a divorce situation and the crime was committed by the wife even though it violates federal law.
The world we live in is screwed up 100%!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
They were taking 6 months to give you your money on a standard return. Giving you $0.50 in interest. Then sending out a 1099 a few months later.

We were shocked to get our federal refund in 6 weeks this year 😳😳😳

I've had to do an amended return before. They sent me a check for $400 more then what they actually owed me.

I had to send them copies of my amended return, plus the check they sent me. And a letter explaining where they screwed up. Took about 9 month to get a check back with the correct amount owed.
Every time I have e-filed, I receive a return within 2-3 weeks. Mailing a paper return is what results in long delays.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Every time I have e-filed, I receive a return within 2-3 weeks. Mailing a paper return is what results in long delays.
2020 and 2021 they took forever to get our return to us. And we did E-file. They were focusing on getting the stimulus payments out.