Best Time To Buy New Tractor

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
In my experience The last week in November is the best time to buy a new tractor.

Why?

End of year incentives and discounts. (Manufacturer, dealer, implement makers etc.)

Availability - They tend to be in stock and you get a quick delivery. (that same availability adds discounts)

All of the add-ons and goodies you want tend to be in stock as well and many of them have black Friday incentives.

You can spend some of the winter downtime setting it up the way you want. (big benefit to me this time around).

Just reading some of the horror stories about shipping, delivery, wait times etc. on tractors as well as implements reminded me how easy this all was in December when I purchased the B2650 and goodies I wanted for it. Everything was in stock and most everyone involved was amenable to a deal.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
In my experience The last week in November is the best time to buy a new tractor.

Why?

End of year incentives and discounts. (Manufacturer, dealer, implement makers etc.)

Availability - They tend to be in stock and you get a quick delivery. (that same availability adds discounts)

All of the add-ons and goodies you want tend to be in stock as well and many of them have black Friday incentives.

You can spend some of the winter downtime setting it up the way you want. (big benefit to me this time around).

Just reading some of the horror stories about shipping, delivery, wait times etc. on tractors as well as implements reminded me how easy this all was in December when I purchased the B2650 and goodies I wanted for it. Everything was in stock and most everyone involved was amenable to a deal.
Agreed.

Winter is generaly the best time to buy farm related equipment but keep in mind that Kubota operates on a fiscal year that ends September 30 so any Kubota "end of year incentives" would likely materialize in September.

SDT

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Best time to buy is at the end of the month from the salesperson who didn’t meet quota on a machine that’s been sitting on the Dealer lot for 24 months at the dealer’s fiscal year end. During a recession. And you have cash.

Reactions: 2 users

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
It does not make a whole lot of difference when it is prime snow removal time. It took a while to get the BX2680 last year at that time as they were overwhelmed with the demand and all. The cab is really great and kept me from freezing my gonads off.

Attachments

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
When wife says buy a B2601 but wouldn't OK a BX1880.

Monday 1st week of March 2019 about -*10* day. I was at dealer a few minutes before closing to order one. That backfired he had it in stock lol. I told him no rush when weather warms up drop it off.
Friday afternoon it was in my driveway.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
In my case I spent several weeks working on mods and attachments so the winter was perfect. If I got it in the spring, the mods and attachment work would have had to wait until next winter.

EA Boxblade - in stock in Dec., 6 week wait right now.
EA Grapple - in stock in Dec., 6 week wait right now
etc.

The whole delivery/setup of everything was really relaxed.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Ask Tractor Mike has an entire video about this subject.

ThomasH

Equipment
LX2610HSDC BH77
May 26, 2020
Cheney, WA
I had figured that during this covid crisis, that the local dealers in the Spokane, WA area would be slow and more likely to cut a deal. I'll be damned if they aren't busy as ever and delivering just as many if not more tractors than the same time last year. Probably not in my favor that all the new models are just getting delivered to the dealers. Oh well, I needed a tractor, so it was a good time to buy.

Reactions: 1 user

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I purchased a machine early May and my dealer had COVID cash to discount things further. Maybe they are dealing with a pent up demand.

what model did you buy. Welcome to the forum, post a photo of your new tractor

Ruxin

Equipment
B2301
Jun 22, 2020
Virginia
I won’t be able to take advantage of the current incentives expiring at the end of the month but will there be new deals lasting into August that might be as good as they are now?

ThomasH

Equipment
LX2610HSDC BH77
May 26, 2020
Cheney, WA
I purchased a machine early May and my dealer had COVID cash to discount things further. Maybe they are dealing with a pent up demand.

what model did you buy. Welcome to the forum, post a photo of your new tractor
I went with the LX2610 cab model. Still waiting to take delivery. The backhoe, bucket and thumb are in order.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Tom,
Congratulations on the new tractor, have still not seen a new LX yet myself. All of my tractors are open rops, cab would be nice but my land is mainly heavy woodland. Share a couple of photos when it arrives.