Be careful out there !!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
years ago I rolled up on a jobsite to meet a customer to set up some equipment.

I jumped out of the truck in some 3ft tall grass and my left foot landed on something round and spongy feeling. I then felt it wrap around my boot and something strike the side of it. 😱😱😱

I landed on a 3ft long rattle snake. 😱😱😱with it wrapped around my work boot and latched to the side of it I would have sworn it was an anaconda.. 🤣😂🤣😂 About this time (1-2 seconds) my heart leapt out my throat, a minor panic attack set in, I let out about half a scream and started hyperventilating. All the while I have about 10 guys from the construction company watching me trying to figure out what this crazy guy was doing hopping around in the tall grass.

Eventually two of the guys came to my aid when they say me start kicking the back bumper of the service truck trying to get the bloody thing off my foot.

After a bit of a struggle and a large knife they managed to kill it and unwrap it from my boot.

I then directed what needed to be done from the side board of the truck.

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Tpack, my comment was not a response to your comments. That snake would have the same demise if it was in my path. Sorry to offend, but ....it'd be hanging in the tree!

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Here is a video that my Grandson took:
No Timber Rattlesnakes nor Grandsons were injured in this video.

The same Grandson and I were sawmilling and here is what was under da logs!!
IMG_8032.JPG

:poop: :poop:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user