Battery Maintainer - Running Voltage?

LarryBud

Equipment
L3130
Dec 5, 2020
Cleveland, MO
I have a solar maintainers hooked up the tractor and a pickup. After sitting undisturbed for two weeks, I put a voltmeter on the batteries and the both were in the 14.5 range.

Does this sound about right or am I overcooking the cells? I quick internet search left me unclear. I was sure to buy a maintainer vs a " charger " but who knows what I actually have here.

Thanks

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
What voltage is it after you disconnect and wait a little while?
When running, my BX25D runs at 14.3 volts, as soon as I switch off, it settles right back down.

Charging is Volts AND Amps, so a float of 14.5 volts and say, 10 Ma is nothing. Put the meter on amps between one of the charger leads and the battery and see what the amp rate is. Set the meter to 10 Amps to start with a fully charged battery.

Reactions: 1 user

LarryBud

Equipment
L3130
Dec 5, 2020
Cleveland, MO
What voltage is it after you disconnect and wait a little while?
When running, my BX25D runs at 14.3 volts, as soon as I switch off, it settles right back down.

Charging is Volts AND Amps, so a float of 14.5 volts and say, 10 Ma is nothing. Put the meter on amps between one of the charger leads and the battery and see what the amp rate is. Set the meter to 10 Amps to start with a fully charged battery.
Thanks,

I'll have to return to execute the above assignment. I appreciate the insight.