Bark Buster Repair

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Picking this up Fri. 2.5 hour drive away but for only two digit price... worth the drive. Helps I get 40ish MPG too.

Looks like it needs 1/2 of PTO shaft and repositioning of plate that one tractor pin is on. Anyone see anything else or have recommendation on bending the pin plate? Looks like I might could remove pins and place the unit smartly against a tree and push it straight with tractor bumper lol. A sledge would work too. Don't presently have a heating torch but then again it might weaken the metal to heat it up anyway. When I get a 220v plug for using my welder with then I'll look at adding gussets. That will be a long while though. Sorta need a Garage to have a place for the plug to go lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Here's one for parts.

He's selling it, but declares how well they split wood, but then he borrowed a hyd. splitter from a friend to split his wood. (there must be a message hidden in there!)...
one here is not missing any parts compared to the one in Kansas City link.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Coach, when I had mine I tried splitting Osage Orange wood (hedge) it wasn't worth the effort. It would screw into the wood and many times bog the tractor down and get stuck in to wood. It was a B6100. Now, backing a piece of wood that is stuck on that will heat you up much better then the wood in a stove!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Price the PTO shaft before you jump on it, they are not cheap!

I have done a lot of wood cutting and splitting and seen a lot of equipment for this task.
Not the safety police, but the 2 most deadly things are spiral splitters and buzz saws.

Safeties do not work on them no matter how you set them up!

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
I'd try sliding a pipe over the pin and see if you can bend it back in position. Looks like 1/4" x 2" flat stock you will be bending back. That shouldn't be too difficult. Reinforcing it after you straighten it is highly recommended.

Gotta hand it to you coach, you keep it interesting!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a bark buster and today broke the tip off - the cast aluminum cone broke in 4 pieces where the steel tip connects to the cone.

Any recommendations how to fix? Not like these cones are readily available. picture attached.

Little super glue will fix that right up! :rolleyes: