Bank account curiosity question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I’m not sure why you asked a question about a very invasive government overreach by one party, and you don’t think it’s political. This is move by those who believe in big government.

But, you are right, almost everyone who actually works is going to be invaded, and you can guess only one parties accounts will be “inspected” and prosecuted.
Nonsense. Banks and businesses don’t ask political affiliations for transactions. Too much conspiracy tv watching for you.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Nonsense. Banks and businesses don’t ask political affiliations for transactions. Too much conspiracy tv watching for you.
Of course, it’s not the banks and businesses that are pushing for this change, but nice try.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Whatever reason is given, disregard it. They want to know every penny you spend. That's the reason.

Not sure if it's mentioned above but its any transaction over $600. So basically your car/truck/tractor payment, your mortgage, your insurance, an expensive trip to Costco, you buy an implement, etc.

Can you imagine the cost to us as taxpayers to do such a thing. How many more employees will needed? What are they going to do with this information?

How much is it going to cost the banks to comply? Who is going to pay for that...us in higher fees and interest. Bad idea all around.

Reactions: 1 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Keep this in mind when you think about President Biden's proposal to make you fill out "forms" if you transact more than $600. It can't be fully policed, but I would be willing to bet that they'll darn sure try, all in the name of "more money" for the government. But hey, that's what the people voted for ;)
I didn't even think about this... So I now have to fill out a form every time I pay my mortgage, truck, vehicle insurance, health insurance, hire someone to work around the house....?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Think of it this way. The government is pushing to get rid of any currency. They claim it cost to much to print money now.

Then the government will be able to view all you transactions via the computer. They will pass laws allowing them to automatically pull your taxes or any other monies they want from your bank accounts. Scares the hell out of me.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Political rant and off the rails!

• Dislike
Status