Bad Site Upgrade - Forum Reset to 11/4 State

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Have you tried using the drop down menu in the upper left hand corner then clicking on the New Posts within it? I find that works better than the New Posts icon that is on top of the forums list.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
This is a weird one, but today I can't close the tab in Chrome when I want to exit OTT. This is Android Asus touchscreen tablet. Had to force a reboot. I thought maybe too many tabs open so I closed a bunch of other tabs before logging in, but at present I am stuck on the forum!

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
at least you arent stuck on the home shopping network page...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have fiddled around, and still have the problem. First I thought I had too many tabs open in Chrome, and got rid of a bunch. I can open and close tabs with gay abandon as long as OTT is not open. Then I thought it was something to do with too many posts being listed under New Posts, which is how I usually browse the forum, and so I marked all forums read. Worked once. Only way I can get out of frozen tabs is to close Chrome and reopen. Then I can X the OTT tab and go on. Any ideas?

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
I have fiddled around, and still have the problem. First I thought I had too many tabs open in Chrome, and got rid of a bunch. I can open and close tabs with gay abandon as long as OTT is not open. Then I thought it was something to do with too many posts being listed under New Posts, which is how I usually browse the forum, and so I marked all forums read. Worked once. Only way I can get out of frozen tabs is to close Chrome and reopen. Then I can X the OTT tab and go on. Any ideas?
You can try clearing the browsing data - click on the 3 vertical dots right below the 'X' - then click on 'More Tools' - click on 'Clear browsing data' - click on 'Clear data'.
Chrome Clear Browing Data.png
Chrome Clear Browing Data.png

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
You can try clearing the browsing data - click on the 3 vertical dots right below the 'X' - then click on 'More Tools' - click on 'Clear browsing data' - click on 'Clear data'.
View attachment 50995 View attachment 50995
Thank you but I don't get those choices, specifically more tools when I click on the 3 dots. Wasn't hidden in one of the other menus that i could find either. It could be the old OS on this android tablet. There is an upgrade but I am afraid the tablet might not run it. Shopping for a new tablet, and don't want to rock the boat too much. I'll need it to read the instructions for the new one online, now that you no longer get users manuals with them!

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
Thank you but I don't get those choices, specifically more tools when I click on the 3 dots. Wasn't hidden in one of the other menus that i could find either. It could be the old OS on this android tablet. There is an upgrade but I am afraid the tablet might not run it. Shopping for a new tablet, and don't want to rock the boat too much. I'll need it to read the instructions for the new one online, now that you no longer get users manuals with them!
Try some of the methods here

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
New problem for me. I have lost the "mark all forums read" function. the buttons are still present and seem to "click" normally, but I always have 26 pages of unread posts. The problem began when I switched to a new MacBook, from a Windows 10 PC, which crashed. Same function on my other tractor website still works fine. Suggestions will be appreciated.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
What browser? I have no problem with that functionality using Firefox on mac.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Mine works flawlessly, Safari on Imac running Mac OS Mojave version 10.14.6

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
New problem for me. I have lost the "mark all forums read" function. the buttons are still present and seem to "click" normally, but I always have 26 pages of unread posts. The problem began when I switched to a new MacBook, from a Windows 10 PC, which crashed. Same function on my other tractor website still works fine. Suggestions will be appreciated.
Do you get the pop-up "Mark forums read"? If not, you might have to turn off pop-up blocker for the site.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Probably a long-shot, but: Is javascript disabled?

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
Probably a long-shot, but: Is javascript disabled?
I have not been able to find javascript (disabled or enabled) on this pc.

However, I just discovered that the "New Posts" and "Mark Forums Read", which appear in the top banner, work as intended. The lower "Mark Forums Read" and popup "Mark Forums Read" still do not mark anything as read. So, still have problem, BUT now have a work-around. Thanks to all!