Bad hydraulic pump seal on b7100d

EE7100Red

Equipment
1980 b7100d m
Jun 25, 2022
Kentucky
Ok,I have the 1980 b7100d with front loader that keeps blowing the seal out of hydraulic pump and filling my engine oil with hydraulic fluid!!! So my question is can I put a newer pump off a hydrostatic b7100 that has the snap ring that holds the seal in? Before someone says to take a punch and go around the outside edge of seal has already been done! Thanks

EE7100Red

Equipment
1980 b7100d m
Jun 25, 2022
Kentucky
Can I put a new hydraulic pump from an hst b7100 on my old b7100d because the new pumps have a snap ring to hold seal in!

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I can’t say for sure about that new pump but if it turns the same direction and has same drive gear and mounts the same I would assume that you could use it.

Look online at Kubota USA illustrated parts list and search for your tractor and see what pump part number is for your tractor serial number and then see if there is a later serial number pump part number.

Then you can search on line for that new number and see if anyone lists all the models that it fits. I think Messick’s has that type of list when you search for a part number.

I think it would work and you may be able to get it from your local dealer and return it if it doesn’t work??

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I can’t say for sure about that new pump but if it turns the same direction and has same drive gear and mounts the same I would assume that you could use it.

Look online at Kubota USA illustrated parts list and search for your tractor and see what pump part number is for your tractor serial number and then see if there is a later serial number pump part number.

Then you can search on line for that new number and see if anyone lists all the models that it fits. I think Messick’s has that type of list when you search for a part number.

I think it would work and you may be able to get it from your local dealer and return it if it doesn’t work??
Only caveat is why is that seal blowing out to begin with?

That is the question I would be asking myself.

Could be a pump issue. Could be a different reason…just a thought.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Only caveat is why is that seal blowing out to begin with?

That is the question I would be asking myself.

Could be a pump issue. Could be a different reason…just a thought.
Yep, I agree. The op needs to figure out why the pump seal is blowing out, and it's not because it wasn't originally staked properly.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Yep, I agree. The op needs to figure out why the pump seal is blowing out, and it's not because it wasn't originally staked properly.
Chances are the pump is just wore out, and there is more internal leakage than the seal can handle. I am thinking he will notice quite a performance improvement with the new pump.

johndeerebones

Equipment
B7200 HST-D RC-60-72, L4200 GST MFWD with FEL
Aug 17, 2020
USA
A "seal" shouldn't see pressure. I'd pull it apart. Blown Orings, scarred housings, etc.

EE7100Red

Equipment
1980 b7100d m
Jun 25, 2022
Kentucky
A "seal" shouldn't see pressure. I'd pull it apart. Blown Orings, scarred housings, etc.
Well on the pump diagrams it shows a newer pump has a snap ring to hold seal in,so I definitely would rather have the newer pump! And I would like to know what year my tractor is? So if you all could tell me I will take pics and put on here and see if what you think because done checked everywhere and what I see does not tell me anything! I'll actually check again and take the pics and get em on here and maybe cross reference pump and I can figure out what pump to get! Thanks

Bill hopkins

Equipment
7100 kubota
May 23, 2022
Ga
As for the year model- I feel you. Seems like it would be stamped on frame, or somewhere, without all the mystery..