Backhoe thumb

Bob936

Equipment
B3300SU, Backhoe, Bush Hog
Aug 5, 2021
Texas
BXpanded has a thumb to fit a BH76 backhoe. They offer two jaws a short and a long. They show a few pics that look pretty good, but don't say if they're the short or long. Anyone ever buy one of these. If so which length did you buy and how well did it work. I have a 12 inch bucket with three teeth.
I have this on a B3300SU

VaGlock

Equipment
B2601 FEL - BH
Jun 28, 2020
Central Va.
If you read the complete description on their site I believe it states which thumb fits what bucket, it has to do with the the number of teeth and width of your bucket. If I remember correctly the long thumb will contact the teeth on certain buckets instead of interlacing with the teeth.

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
FWIW, I found a new Kubota thumb on eBay for my BH76. You might also try there.

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
I have this thumb for the BH77, it works very well. If I remember correctly, the longer thumb is recommended if you have their "quick on" bucket connector, otherwise the shorter one fits fine.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have this thumb for the BH77, it works very well. If I remember correctly, the longer thumb is recommended if you have their "quick on" bucket connector, otherwise the shorter one fits fine.

How much further out does the "quick on" bucket connector move the bucket? The reason that I ask, is because I am considering purchasing the "quick on" bucket adapter, and my BX23S tractor came with the Kubota manual thumb.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Two jaw lengths are offered to accommodate various backhoe buckets and equipment. The "short" jaw matches closely in length to the factory Kubota thumb and is designed to go above the teeth of the bucket so that it can be used with three, four, or five tooth buckets as well as all other BXpanded backhoe accessories. The "long jaw" is designed for use with three or five tooth buckets installed directly on the backhoe since it will mesh between the teeth or can be used with three, four, or five tooth buckets when installed using the BXpanded Quick On Backhoe Bucket Connector.

Copied from the bxpanded website

Reactions: 1 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
go ahead and purchase bxpanded quick attach bucket connector, you won"t be sorry. i have had one for over 3 yr. works great.. ihave 3 buckets and several ripper teeth. makes changing quick and pain less.

So it’s been a while, how is your quick attach connector holding up?