Backhoe mount for L3000DT

benneys123

Equipment
Kubota 3000 Dt
Jul 2, 2021
Frankfort Michigan
So I purchased a 2002 L3000 Dt last year, I recently ran across a very low hour(maybe 5) BH75 backhoe for a really awesome price, it was mated to a B7800(2008-2010 vintage), I am thinking of buying the subframe also BUT it’s not bolt up n go. I have to fabricate some mounting systems, I understand that the project will involve some welding and plate steel, nuts and bolts etc, I have access to a machine shop, my post is just wondering if anyone else mated similar tractor/backhoe fab jobs, and where should I start?

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
So I purchased a 2002 L3000 Dt last year, I recently ran across a very low hour(maybe 5) BH75 backhoe for a really awesome price, it was mated to a B7800(2008-2010 vintage), I am thinking of buying the subframe also BUT it’s not bolt up n go. I have to fabricate some mounting systems, I understand that the project will involve some welding and plate steel, nuts and bolts etc, I have access to a machine shop, my post is just wondering if anyone else mated similar tractor/backhoe fab jobs, and where should I start?

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Not sure on your fabricating or welding abilities but any properly sized b/h can be attached to just about any tractor. I attached a Woods 3ph hoe to my b7200. I built a complete frame to accommodate it. I probably did overkill but it includes an upper frame that clamps the entire tractor within a box frame. There is no stress to any castings as even my top link is part of the frame.
If you are considering purchasing the frame from the B7800, make sure that it only requires minimal changes and doesn't interfere with the loader mount. If major changes are required it could be easier and more economical to start from scratch.