Backhoe Hydraulic valve adjustment

BDH

Equipment
B2320 with loader backhoe tiller
Jul 21, 2011
Somerset PA
I have a new B2320 with a BH65 backhoe. The swing on the backhoe is too fast and jerky. My snowplows have an adjustment to smooth out and control the response. Anyone have any idea how to adjust it on a backhoe?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
First, welcome to OTT. Not really sure on your backhoe but I don't think they have any adjustments. Kubota made them very basic and it just is what it is. I have noticed on my BH that the engine RPM's seem to help make it run smoother. Maybe try a little lower engine speed and see if you can find the sweet spot. I understand your problem for sure though. I get use to operating trackhoes that have unlimited adjustment on their hydraulics and then just on my Kubota and it looks like a monkey playing football for a while. I've had 2 Kubota backhoes and both were like that. I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
just on my Kubota and it looks like a monkey playing football for a while.
Don't you mean like a "Bulldog" playing football!!

You staying cool down in GA like we are up here in west Ky Phil? Heat index 110+ last 3 or so days. I ve been out wireing my building so I could work on my "fleet" of kubotas. Haha.

Now, to the OP. Welcome to our little slice of orange heaven. Someone is usually able to give you an experienced answer fairly quick and everyones been great to me. Glad your here.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Welcome th the neighborhood.

Now on to your question. like Bulldog said throttle control is the key. I have found on mine if precision is not required more throttle if finer work is required less is more. When I said "I found" I should have said an old (cough cough) Bobcat operator showed me that little trick when I dug his firepit ;)

Btw I have a BX24 so I am not sure about an "adjustment" on your B2320.

BDH

Equipment
B2320 with loader backhoe tiller
Jul 21, 2011
Somerset PA
Thanks for the info. This is my first Orange tractor. (We've had red ones and gray ones, Never ever considered a green one.) I like it more everyday. This is a great forum and i look forward to participate as I gain experience with my Kubota.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I added flow restrictors to the swing cylinder on my Woods bh750. It smoothed the side to side movement nicely. This is an old machine, I am surprised you would need to do it to a new one.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Alot of times too you have to feather the controls. I'm sure Bulldog can agree with me on this, if you move the joysticks quickly and suddenly you'll get jerky sloppy responce from the boom. Slow smooth movements of the joy stick is key to geting a smooth responce from the boom. It just takes time and its kinda learnd for some on a trail and error basis.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Alot of times too you have to feather the controls. It just takes time and its kinda learnd for some on a trail and error basis.
Agreed.
It takes lots of seat time to become a operator. Most anybody can run a piece of equipment, not everybody will become a equipment operator.